question about The Rules

May 23, 2006
Hi Vlad: I was just reading the announcement about the updated Rules & Guidelines for the PF. Just wanted to ask, I frequently see photos of bags posted in the forum that are obviously copied from the Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, or eLuxury web sites. Do the below rules mean that this practice is no longer (or was never) allowed? Or is it OK, so long as we credit the source of the photos?

"Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, please credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
Do not post materials if you do not have permission to distribute them electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images directly from a website (hotlinking). Please make use of the forum's attachment function to share such materials with the community."

Cosmopolitan said:
Hi Vlad: I was just reading the announcement about the updated Rules & Guidelines for the PF. Just wanted to ask, I frequently see photos of bags posted in the forum that are obviously copied from the Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, or eLuxury web sites. Do the below rules mean that this practice is no longer (or was never) allowed? Or is it OK, so long as we credit the source of the photos?

"Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, please credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
Do not post materials if you do not have permission to distribute them electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images directly from a website (hotlinking). Please make use of the forum's attachment function to share such materials with the community."

The source of the images should always be credited. I know it's common practice to post pictures from other sites. However, in order to keep us out of troubles regarding copyrights, we'd like for people to quote their sourse.

P.S. These rules have always been in place. I just added them side-wide because many weren't aware that they even were posted. :idea:

Vlad said:
The source of the images should always be credited. I know it's common practice to post pictures from other sites. However, in order to keep us out of troubles regarding copyrights, we'd like for people to quote their sourse.

P.S. These rules have always been in place. I just added them side-wide because many weren't aware that they even were posted. :idea:

Thanks for clarifying Vlad! Being in the publishing business, I'm certainly sensitive to copyright issues.

By the way, you and Megs have a great enterprise going here!

This may also sound like a dumb and oft asked question: but CAN we share links to eBay auctions we have running with friends on the forum via PM or not? I don't want to do something I'm not supposed to.

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
LOL! Yep, you're outta here!

LMAO!

All aboard!! :shame:

18.jpg