Question about the 'raincoats'

shoes319

O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
Do any of you actually use the raincoats for these bags?? Just curious - I can't imagine putting a raincoat on my bag but I suppose if I had to be out in the rain - but no, I don't think I would bring my Hermes bag if I did - I don't know! I can't imagine it....anyone else?

OMGosh addicted!! Where did you come up with this animated cartoon!! I love it! So funny - that is all of us here on the forum dealing with this 'purse issue' LOL!

I always keep one of the raincoats inside the zipper compartment of my bags. In fact, it has come in handy quite a few times and I was so glad that I had the raincoat with me because I surely don't want to let my baby get wet ;)

I have an hermes bag (cacahuete) in clemence leather and i use it in rain, snow, sun, wind, etc. it didn't come with a raincoat since it's half the cost of their mega-bags, but it's the same leather that a kelly or birkin can be made out of, and those always come with the covers, so i think it's more marketing than necessity - if a kelly "needed" the raincoat, so would mine, but i think hermes feels that a woman who carries such a beautiful bag would want to feel that they were offering her every possibly service/protection/indulgence, whereas my shoulder bag is a good deal more casual, so :smile: no raincover for me.

quick edit: some of the leathers are more fragile than clemence, so definitely i am not recommending that all the hermes bags would do fine in less than ideal weather. but i'm sure they still give a customer who buys a clemence birkin or kelly one of those raincovers, necessary or not.

I'm sorry my only reference to an Hermes bag is my one and only Kelly.

It came with a raincoat but I just make sure the weather is nice and sunny and dry when I carry it.

I always put the raincoat inside my Kelly chevre just in case. You'll never know here as it might rain. However, when it's only drizzling, I don't put the raincoat ... but once it was raining and I used it.

My Paris-Bombay didn't come with a raincoat and it's epsom leather.