Question about the interview process

1. When a hiring manager calls to discuss a position I've applied for, when I call her back, should I prepare for a phone interview? Is this conversation the same as a phone screen? TIA!
  2. It depends, but I would be ready for anything. You should be able to answer any question she has for you. Plus you should have a few questions yourself.
  3. Be prepared to do a phone interview, just in case. Ya never know.
  4. Prepare for a phone interview!!
  5. I think you should prepare for a phone interview! The last thing you want is not to be prepare, and not get the job! Good luck in any case!
  6. Thanks for the help, guys. I'm glad you all are still up! I'm preparing right now.
  7. good luck!! :biggrin:
  8. I agree, prepare, and don't forget to ask questions. But most importantly, be yourself!! Good luck!
  9. Hi Janos!! Yep, I agree with the other posters, if the HM calls, be prepared for a phone interview.:yes: :yahoo:

I'm a corporate recruiter and shared some interviewing (along with other PFers) for another PFer going through job interviews...check out the posts on this link...and good luck!!:flowers:

Let us know how it goes for you!!!:wlae:
  10. After all that, I called her back this morning to see if we could arrange a time and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'll keep you all posted. It's ironic, I work in HR and I hate going on interviews :p. The funny thing is while I know what typically happens, I don't always recognize it when it's happening to me! I guess it's because I'm going for higher-level positions now, and there's a different protocol.
  11. You should be prepared for the phone interview just in case. You can also at least have some questions ready to ask her so that it shows your interests to the job you're applying for.
  12. Ditto! Good luck :wlae: