Question about the Chelsea collection

1. I went to the boutique yesterday because I wanted to check out the new collections, especially the Chelsea hobo in mineral, since I couldn't stop thinking about it!!!

I tried it on, it looked great! However, I think getting the turnlock unlocked & locked everytime I want to get into the bag will bug me! Has anyone used this bag yet & what are your opinions? It just seemed like kind of a hassle! Thanks! ;)

2. I didn't even think of that and I was going to go buy this shortly. Honestly though, my Ali has the turnlock that I need to open and close each time and that isn't even something I really think about so I guess it doesn't bug me too much. I'm more concerned about the turnlock bothering me when I carry the bag because of how it's positioned.

3. I have a bag with the turnlock on the side (Willis bag, from wayyyyy back!). That doesn't bother me at all.

With the Chelsea bag, since the turnlock is on the top, it seemed like you had to grab the side of the bag to open or close the turnlock. It just seemed awkward! Try it out & let me know what you think! I want to love that bag!!!

4. I will. The thing I really love about it is the detailing on the sides-the strappy look down the side. I probably would have gone for the smaller hobo if it was available in a color other than black. Because I have my Ali in black, as well as a classic ramblers legacy, so I really wanted to add some color to my collection this time. Come to think of it, the ramblers legacy has a turnlock as well but I will have to try this to see if the positioning of it will work. I hope it will because as you said, I want to love this bag!

5. I prefer my turnlocks to the zipper..

6. I had a Chelsea Satchel from last year.... the turnlock pissed me off.... so I sold it. :cursing:

It was SOOOOOOOO hard to get into... but I love the look... :crybaby:

7. I think zippers are more difficult to get in and out of than the turnlock personally.

8. I like my Ali with the turnlock on the side because I can get into it with one hand vs. a zipper. But I haven't been interested in the new Chelseas because the position of the turnlock looks both uncomfortable and awkward to get into. I'd be interested to hear how people are liking it.

9. I bought the signature satchel and I used it today. I actually love the turnlock way more than a zipper! I don't find it annoying at all.

10. I bought the new Chelsea small hobo last Thursday and I've been carrying it since. I actually prefer the turnlock to a zipper. It's easy to open and close and, when I am in a hurry and don't lock it, the top just flaps over as if it's closed. It's a smaller bag but it holds so much. I definitely recommend it! :yes:

11. I have been carrying the chelsea satchel for a few days and really, it isn't that big of a hassle to turn the lock every time you open. Same amount of work as a zipper. You don't have to keep it locked all the time either. It sits in place pretty good without being turned.

12. The part that seemed awkward to me was actually having to hold onto the bag to open or close the turnlock, not actually just turning the turnlock! :smile: I can handle turning a turnlock!!!

I'm used to a zipper across the top (sometimes zipped, sometimes not!) or a flap bag, so it might just be something to get used to. I'd still like opinions though! The mineral bag is still calling my name! :drool: