Question about selling on ebay

1. I have a vernis wallet for sale on eBay. I've never sold something that expensive on eBay. I have a question about bidders. The highest bidder for the item currently has no feedback and is new to eBay today. Should I be nervous about that(not that there is anything I can do about it now). I am only accepting Paypal so I am hoping that I would be fine if she/he ended up being the highest bidder. I just get so nervous about scammers.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, not sure where to put it.

Thanks in advance.
  2. ^ What about sending a message that you see he/she is new to ebay, have they completed their paypal registration/do they have any questions on how the process works when bidding, something to that order? I think you can also cancel the bid, but there may be some sort of rule w/ reasons on that note. I'm really not sure.
  3. ^^ elzat does it need to be stated in the auction you will cancel bids from buyers with low feedback?

This is a hard one... I have very low purchases on ebay because I rarely use it. I guess everyone has to start somewhere... Maybe message the bidder and ask the questions elzat suggested. I think that is fair. Also, if the buyer has never done this before - open communication will definitely be the Key!!
  4. coco,

That's what I was thinking. I don't use ebay a lot either. I have been a member for about 5 years but my feedback is only 29. I thought maybe she/he is just starting out. Like you said, everyone has to start somewhere.

Thanks guys.
  5. I understand your nervousness. I have yet to have a zero feedback buyer pay for anything. It is an inconvenience but it always turns out o.k. in the end, i.e. a second chance offer or a relist. As you said, we all started out with zero feedback so maybe you will get a good one. If she does pay for it, I recommend you get tracking, signature confirmation and insurance on your shipment.
  6. I always put in my auctions that bidders with under ten feedback must email me before bidding, but almost noone ever does. I've been fortunate and everyone has paid with no problems. I'm super careful about accurate descriptions so I've never had a return or chargeback from them either. If I was selling an item over $400-500, I'd probably be more careful and email them and make sure they seemed ok.