Question about Monogram Canvas

1. I don't pay much attention to info on the Mono line since it's not one of my faves, so I'm wondering...does the Monogram canvas fade in time? I noticed that the Mono cles pictured in one of my collection photos is a lot lighter than the rest of my Mono pieces. See here:

Most of these pieces were given to me by my mom...all I know about the cles is that it's from the early 90's and heavily used, haha. So could that explain why the color is different? :shrugs:
  2. Yes, they do fade over time. :smile: Mine are all too new, but I have heard from other forum members about older pieces doing that.
  3. Whenever I add a new piece from the monogram line or replace an existing piece I notice the fading of the flowers.
  4. The monogram does fade over time...sometimes it even has some rubbing (as in, the gold monogram looks like it's been rubbed off). I have a couple vintages that are like that.

Also, the monogram could have different dye lots. I notice that my US bags tend to have a yellower tinge than my French bags (which are noticeably paler). I bought a brand new bucket pochette from the boutique, and it's considerably paler compared to my US bucket...and the US bucket is 8 years old.
  5. That's good to hear! Thanks for the info everyone :flowers: For a minute I was actually concerned that the cles might've been fake! :s
  6. It *seems* lighter because the SHINE on the outer coated surface has been rubbed off.
  7. I've also sort of revived the appearance of fading or darker looking older Mono pieces by cleaning and applying a little armorall or something of the like....
  8. My mom's old Speedy is just a little bit lighter but it's not really noticeable. I'm amazed how it's held up even after being used for about 7 years straight!