Question about ht make a specific type of signature

Jane Ann

Purse Princess
Oct 18, 2005
I know this might belong in feedback dropbox, and if so, apologies in advance. :yes:

I see a lot of sigs on this site like the following:

kelscharmed.png

Can anyone tell me if there is a specific website where you go to make these? They're so cute! Thanks. :tup:

I am using an apple computer, which is apparently not compatible with paint.net. It only works w/ windows.

On the coach site, the charms now show 2 images so I guess they would have to be edited to make a name and I have no idea how or where to do that.

I already tried cropping at resizr.com for the double image letters from coach.com and it didn't work.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I would like to learn more about this type of thing. Feel free to pm me if you think that would be better.

Thanks again!

I'm on a Mac and I did this with Tiffany padlocks to create my blog signature. You're on the right track, just drag the picture onto your desktop, open with Preview, and crop around each letter you want to save.

When I had all the letters cropped evenly I loaded them onto my photobucket, and then hotlinked to make them spell a name onto a post on a forum. I then previewed my name, and used the program Grab to take a screenshot. I cropped the screenshot and hey presto, my signature.

It only a little time to upload them all first and was easier to do than using another program, plus then too I had the letter individual still for when I wanted to spell my name vertically on my blog. Oh yes, and I can use Tiffany's finest to spell out whatever I want to, too.. :graucho:

Frankie.jpg

siggy.jpg

I don't have a J but can make ANN..

a.jpg
n.jpg
n.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to be so helpful. I am an idiot and don't know what hotlinking is, but I will google. Hopefully I can figure it out - a fun challenge. :jammin:

Ah, well I can explain that! :yes:

Find any random picture on any random internet page, and right click. Go to save image location. Then come back here, you may as well practise in this thread, and go [img ]"image location"[/img ]. So you need to not put in the spaces in the [img ], that's just so that I can show you the code, and for "image location" press CTRL and V, this will paste in the image location you want. Preview your post and the picture should be there.

You can see how I've done it above, too. Go that that post where I showed you the padlocks, and click on the quote button. When the next screen comes up, click on the button on the right hand side of the edit box that has the A/A on it, a plain A over a fancy A. Click on that to go from rich text to html and you'll see the BBcode which is the code we use on forums, the stuff with the [..]'s.

Another way is to copy the image location as described above, then come back here and click that yellow square above the reply text box that has mountains and a sun. That's an image inserter. When you click on that a box comes up, press CTRL and V to paste in the location, click OK and hey presto! It's quicker to do it yourself though, but if you get stuck that's there for you too.

:flowers:

You're a sweetie, Frankie. I realized that I already knew what hotlinking was when I googled it (duh.)

I did make a siggy using your great instructions, just haven't put it in yet. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

Thanks again!!!!