Question about how a 5 lb loss looks

1. If you lose 5 lbs on a 5 foot frame, does that show more than on a taller person?

Just wondering.

2. I am not sure if height matters to be honest.
    I think toal weight and genetics and what kind of weight the 5lbs is.
    For example, if someone needs to lose 30 lbs, they may not notice 5 lbs much, but if someone only needs to lose 10 lbs, that 5 lbs is 50% and is very noticeable.
    Also genetics are a factor, some people carry their weight in their thighs, others carry it in their tummy and face, so they may notice before the ones that carry it in their thigs as you see their fce first.
    Finally, I mentioned what the 5 lbs represented. If it's water weight/bloating it may be more noticeable than 5 lbs otherwise. . . it's not black and white.
  3. 5lbs on me at 5'7" is a huge difference, like 1 or 2 clothing sizes.
  4. i agree with swanky, it depends on your frame...i'm a size 2 and 5'2, and on me it would be noticeable...on someone with a bigger frame but at the same height, it would not be as large of a percentage of total body weight...
  5. 5lbs is very noticeable on me and I am 5'1''

For the past two weeks I have been battleing pneumonia and havent been eating all that much and lost about 5-6lbs and it really shows.
  6. I'm 5'4 and have just gained 5 lbs thanks to eating sleaves of Thin Mints.:rolleyes: 5 lbs. on me is a whole size because it all goes to my waist. :crybaby:
  7. I have been 30 lbs heavier and I'm 5' tall. People would hear 30 lbs and not think much but on me it was significant. Now I've been trying to lose 5 lbs for a couple of years. That last five is almost impossible to lose.
  8. Hey beautiful :p

It all depends on how much you weigh imo. At 260 pounds 5 pounds was nothing for me. After I'd lost 50 pounds people STILL didn't notice I'd lost anything! To me I could see it - in my cheeks, etc - but no one else really saw it. Once I got down to 150 pounds a 5 pound loss was noticeable - but not ridiculously (I'm just about 5'2 - so 150 was still chunky on me). Once I got down to the 125 pound area, however, 5 pounds was a huge difference on me - to the point where people would say "WOW have you lost weight?!" - Meanwhile from 260 to 210 pounds no one questioned any weight loss! So to me, it really depends on your starting weight. I'm 108 pounds now and if I was to lose 5 pounds it would be DRAMATIC.

Good luck :heart:
  9. I am 5'1" and five pounds makes a difference. However, I tend to gain weight evenly so it is only apparent if I wear something fitted. My jeans are definitely looser and my stomach is flatter after losing five pounds. That reminds me, I want to lose five pounds!!
  10. Ouch! You poor thing! I hope you get better very soon. Please remember to take magnesium and b complex when you do eat. A prolong illness like that can really exhaust you and both supps will help a lot. :yes:
  11. I'm 5'5. just gained 7 pounds and you wouldn't even know. Still a size 2. Still no ass. :sad:
  12. Completely agree with you. It really depends on many things- where you are starting, if you are at a perfect weight, over weight, or under weight- and where it is lost.

I'm at a really good weight for myself right now, and 5 lbs will show quite a bit since I am 5'10 and have a leaner frame.
  13. Thanks! :smile: i think i've hit five pounds over the last couple of weeks. Today I woke up feeling a ton lighter and everything is looser, like when I had flu last fall. I'm 5'1, I started my weight loss at 140 (eek!) eleven days ago and last time I weighed myself was last Sunday which was 137.5. (I want to get down to 125. I feel like that would be a comfortable weight.) I've been doing a pretty strict diet and eating very clean as well as cardio on an empty stomach in the morning, while I'm resisting weighing until next Sunday, I think I may have hit the 5 lb mark. :smile: But I think you're right, it's noticeable but not ridiculously so.

I look forward to when it's ridiculously noticeable. :smile:
  14. I checked my weight this weekend and I definitely lost 5 pounds over the last two weeks! Yay! I'm looking forward to losing that much over the next couple of weeks too. :smile:

15. thanks for that advice!