Question about Hayden Harnett Nico

1. So in the deals and steals forum I read that the Nico is huge. I found this photo and it doesn't seem so big. For those who have seen it IRL, is this about right?
  2. Well, I guess "huge" would be all relative, and when I look at that picture and think about how I would wear it, and I am 5' 4", I would say that I would consider that huge for me....and I like bigger bags.
  3. I have that bag and it does seem too big for me. I like big bags, but not the length that one is. I am a bit older than most of you, and the size just didn't seem right to me. I've only carried it once, put it back in its dust cloth, and there it has stayed. The leather is absolutely beautiful, as in all their bags. I like the bag itself...just too young-looking. And yes, the picture is a fair representation of its size. I'd love it if I were younger.
  4. Yup, that's about what it looks like without "filling it to the brim", so to speak. It's a beautiful bag (the leather is soft and yummy, hardware attractive and not cheap, a sturdy zipper - just quality) just saw it today in person at an Anthropologie. If you like larger bags, definitely go for it. If you don't carry much stuff, than I would say it would just droop too much....IMO.
  5. It looks as if it is made of a high quality leather...but I'm not sure that I have enough stuff to even cover the bottom. On 5'4", 105 lbs. that would definitely be way too large...and I do have some large bags but IMO that is huge.
  6. I love bigger bags too!
  7. It is a pretty overwhelming bag on a small frame
  8. The pic seems right, but I think that's on a tall model. On me, the Nico was weird because it such a long purse and I'm a short person. Gorgeous bag, though.
  9. I have this bag in black and I love it. It looks just like the picture above. (I do like very large handbags though.) And I usually don't stuff my bags with a lot of things. Just the essentials. I think it looks nice and slouchy when it's not overly stuffed.
  10. Thanks guys...I'm supposed to get mine today. Ordered it from the sample sale and there are no returns. I suppose if it's too big for an everyday bag, I'll make good use of it as my carry-on when I fly.
  11. Just got my bag. It is very roomy. I have plenty of room to spare after I put all of my stuff. But I do like it. I'm 5'3" and it hangs down to my mid-thigh. It's cute, but I'm very glad I didn't buy it for the full price! It looks like it will stand up to getting thrown around a lot, so I'm all in all, I'm glad I have it!
  12. I've seen it IRL and don't think it looks way too big on me (I'm 5'5"). I don't generally need that big of a bag, but it is a really nice style if you like big bags.