Question about dancing vs. speed walking:

1. Hello fellow fitness fans!

I was wondering about cardio: I used to go to the gym and do power walking, at about 4mph with changing inclines for about 45-50 mnts. However, there's been a security scare in the area, with reports of an armed man prowling the area all around. So, I've been working out at home. Since I don't have a treadmill and love cardio, I dance vigorously for the same amount of time - 40 mnts to an hour, and I find that my heart pumps as much as it does and I sweat the same amount as with the treadmill work. However, since I'm not getting ready and going to the gym to workout, but doing it at home, my mind is like "Ok, this can't be burning as many calories as the treadmill would!" It's seems more "fun" than the mentality of actually going to the gym... Does anyone get what I mean? I wonder if I'm burning as many calories as I would as being on the treadmill...

Sorry if this makes no sense but I need some insight! :smile:

2. According to the Body by Glamour site, 40 minutes of dancing burns 199 calories, "brisk" walking burns 153 calories...

3. Yeah I'm sure it's just as good or better! I do the same when I'm bored at home I put the radio loud & start salsa dancing by myself! I'm sure if my hubby saw me he drop to the ground cracking up :roflmfao:! Just look at all the people that dance for a living most of them are in shape! Some people here in Miami go to clubs every weekend & dance the night away instead of hitting the gym. So keep moving!!