Question about customs to APO addresses?

1. Hi everyone,

My friend lives on a Navy base in Italy and her birthday is coming up next week. I'd like to order her something from online as a surpise. The website ships to APO and AFO addresses, but I've got a question since it's been SO long since I've gotten mail delivered at an APO address.

Are packages shipped from the US to an APO addresses subject to customs charges? I have tried looking online, but haven't found anything yet that answers my question.
  2. I lived at APO addresses all my life so I think I can help! (My parents are currently at one and I send them boxes every month):yes:

It is not open to customs charges because it's considered a US address.
    You do have to fill out one of those custom sheets when sending a box on your own to APO... it's just to let them know what's inside but you don't have to pay anything for it...

Hope this helps!:flowers:
  3. Okay, great! Thank you so much :biggrin: I haven't lived at an APO address overseas since I was a child, and since then we have either lived on base in the states or in our own home, haha!

I'm going to be getting her the Waterford Lismore Vase, which would cost her a pretty penny in customs if it was subject to it, and the last thing that I want is for her to have to PAY for her birthday present, lol :smile:

Here's the vase I am ordering, what do you think?

4. It's very pretty! And she definetly won't have to pay any customs fees. I ship to APO addresses all the time for have to fill out the same customs form you would if you were shipping to an non-US country...but the postage fees aren't any higher and there's no duty charged.
  5. Very nice vase! I'm sure she'll love it! My husband was stationed in Germany...then a year in Iraq...all the packages I sent, I didn't have to pay anything for customs.