Question about consignment seller

1. Hi all, I don't want to go into specifics here, but I'm having a little bit of trouble with a consignment seller who has one of my bags. I signed a contract for the consignment that stated very clearly how the bag would be sold, when the price would be reduced, etc. So far, I haven't seen any of those contract policies followed. I'm frustrated because I was presented with a much shorter timeline for sale than the consignment seller is actually following. I'm thinking about writing and complaining, or asking for my bag back - would that be totally out of line? I'd rather be using the silly bag than seeing it not sell month after month and seeing no price reduction to encourage a sale.

I know I'm being vague, but like I said, that's on purpose. If you've had a similar experience and would like more details, PM please :yes:
  2. I think you are well within your rights to voice your concern to the seller. If she isn't following the contract you entered into, then you might want to get the bag back and try another consignment shop!
  3. I'd ask for the bag back! If you aren't happy and they aren't sticking to their side of the contract then they are in breech and you are well within your rights to get it back
  4. shorter timeline for sale? it might take up to a day for the auction to show up after being listed if it's lux brand, eBay have to check on those. But if it's shorter than that, like 10 day shrink to 7 days, it is better to contact consignment. good luck w/ur sell!
  5. If it's taken more than a month to sell on eBay then it is priced too high. There are some consignment sellers that really overprice their items. eBay is the most competitive market in the world, you can't price too high. I know of one seller who sets a high BIN but also has an opening bid and usually lists with a low reserve. Her stuff always sells. ;)
  6. Hey all, quick update, I contacted the seller and got my bag back, it was all handled very professionally. It had been up for sale for almost 3 months, just too long with no price reduction. It's ok, I'll decide what to do with it when I get it back.
  7. Triple check it and make sure it's YOUR bag and not a switched fake. Good luck!