Queer As Folk

1. Anyone seen this series? Please tell me I'm not the only person who loves this Showtime series (the final season and the ending did leave much to be desired though).

2. I used to watch this show. Lots of nice eye candy! Did you see that Gale Harold is going to be in a new show on FOX next season? I think it starts sometime this month, called Vanished? I'll watch it just for him!

3. Yeah he is~~~ When I saw the promotes for that show on FOX, I was so stoked to see him on there:yahoo: However, he will always be Brian Kinney for me, he played that role sooooo well. I've always loved the dynamics of Brian and Justin. Out of all the guys, I think Brian had matured the most, although Ted had come a long way as well.

4. Love this show!! I have never watched it season to season tho, so I don't know everything that happens. But I keep seeing the box sets and wanting to buy them.

5. I wanted to watch this, but don't get showtime:sad:. It looked interesting

6. I love this show! I have all seasons on DVD since I don't get Showtime :yes:

7. I´ve seen the uk and the us versions. Loved both!

8. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!
    (I have a picture of Justin as a go-go boy dressed as an angel with Brian looking at him as my desktop and "Send me an angel" scrolling across my screen as a screensaver.)

I was so devastated when the show ended! What was I going to do on Sunday nights!?!?!

I came for the queers and stayed for the tears!

I have the soundtracks from all the seasons . . . they're great to work out to. Plus Club Babylon and the soundtrack from the UK series. (I've never SEEN that one, but I love the music.)

When I was apartment hunting in Toronto I drove by the actual Woody's and I got SO excited!

9. Here are some of my favorite quotes. (Edited if necessary, of course!)

Brian: Are you coming or going? Or coming and then going? Or coming and staying?

Brian: Don't get smart, or I'll have to spank you.

Brian: Are you going to come eat the chicken?
    (The tone of his voice was just priceless!)

Brian: F:censor: k groups!
    Lindsay: I thought you did.
    Brian: Occasionally. But it's only by invitation only.

Ted: I think God appreciates it even more because He created you in His image. At leats that's what I was always taught. And since God is love and God doesn't make mistakes, then you must be exactly the way he wants you to be, the way he intended you to be. And that goes for every person, every planet, every mountain, every grain of sand, every song, every tear, AND EVERY FAGGOT. We're all His, Emmett. He loves us all.

Debbie: You know, there were people, when they found out that Michael was gay, who said, and did, the cruelest things. Friends, neighbors, family. My own g:censor: n sister wouldn't even let her kids come over here. She was afraid Michael was going to molest them or something. Because that's the way people are. They're ignorant and they're scared. And there's nothing you can do, except educate 'em or shoot 'em. Me, I joined P-FLAG, 'cause I figured it was more practical than shooting 'em.

Michael: David gets up at six o'clock every morning and runs five miles, while you’re still in bed.
    Brian: I feel that's where I get my best cardio workout.

Brian: Why would I want to go to a stupid prom with a bunch of f:censor: g 18 year-olds?
    Justin: I thought you liked f:censor: g 18 year-olds.

10. Haha . . . . I found this Myspace topic I started:

I Feel Like I Lost My Best Friends =(

Tonight was the series finale of Queer As Folk! What am I going to do 10:00 on Sunday nights?

I've been a wreck since 9:30!

(Of course, I have my queer folks from this group, but . . . . . )

I wasn't this much of a wreck when Friends ended! (And I liked the way they ended the show, but I didn't want the show to end!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Me likey the blonde boyfriend of the club owner guy. lol I'm sorry I don't know their names.

12. Justin. Yeah, I love him too.

13. brian - swoooooooon

14. Thanks Caitlin, I also like the other blonde guy, who's friends with everyone. :yes:

15. I was SUCH a wreck when QAF ended!! Actually, I was really pissed off at the way they ended it. I was not expecting a fairytale ending, but the way they played it out for Brian and Justin is just ... argh! It does not make sense for me. SPOILER FOLLOWS

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

I mean, they can STILL be together, just see each other on weekends. NY and PA aren't that far away. Hell, if my SO and I can do USA and SG, why not they?! Anyways, it really makes me sad when Justin said they could visit each other and Brian didn't agree. Well, he DID keep the rings but I would really LIKE them to show that these two kept in touch and tried to maintain a long-distance relationship.

Btw, I think it's really cool that this show contains actors who are actually gay or bisexual. Randy Harrison (Justin), Emmett (don't remember his real name), and Ben (don't remember his real name either) are gay in real life, whereas the lady who played Lindsay is bisexual in real life.

I don't know ... the quality of the show went down on Season 5. I really liked Season 1, Season 3, and Season 4. My favorite scene is still the prom.