Gucci

quality of guccissima leather

silviadorata Posted By silviadorata Posted Sep 18, 2008

1. Hello everybody.... that's my first post here... (i apoligize for my english ... i'm italian...)

I just bought a vuitton neverfull gm and now i would like to buy a black bag and i like very much :drool: the black guccissima joy medium boston bag....

but some people said to me that the leather in 2/3 years tend to "scratch" and peel off ...
    :wtf:
    no matter if it's a very delicate and sensitive leather...the problem is about the scraping and the stripping...:wtf:

so i'm asking u your experience with guccissima leather...:yes:

thank u so much! :yes:

2. :flowers:welcome to the forum !!
    I have a guccissima chain bag from 2005/2006 I think? and the leather looks still gorgeous :tup:! no peeling off ...
    I've got a guccissima abbey bag too but she is recent, in december 1 year old ...

3. :tup: thanks for your answer!!

now i can't decide between guccissima black boston bag and beige&white boston bag (canvas)....:graucho::graucho:

4. I haven't had any problems with peeling with my bgs. I do baby them though.

Anne

5. I have a 2 year old off white Guccissima bag with not a single scratch on it.

6. Yup, I have a 2 year old off white Guccissima bouvier bag and it's still in perfect condition.

7. I think the peeling problem was mostly with the metallic colored leathers.

8. I've had my 2 Guccissima bags for a little over 1 year now and they're still perfect.

9. thanks all !!!!

this news has been a great relief to me :smile:))

10. Guess I am the only one who does have issue with this kind of leather.. Be care full for scratches.

11. I certainly hope not! :shrugs:

12. I've had mine for 2 years....it is Choc. guccissima..I got one small scratch on her and put a little brown shoe polish on it..now I can't even find it...truthfully....!!! I LVOE this leather!!

13. Only the purse I want right now is Guccissima hobo in chocolate brown !!! :heart: Hoping they are pretty durable.

14. I've had a problem with my Guccissima wallet. I went and talked to the SA in the Gucci and she said that I can't send it in to get it refurbished. They will only replace the leather edging. I've only had my wallet for 2 years and this is what happened. I take good care of my wallets and bags, so I'm disappointed to see this happen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. yes!!!
    :wtf: that's exactly the problem i've heard about guccissima leather!

many people said to me that their bags, belts and wallets made by guccissima tend to fade and lose colour!!!

:cursing:

for this reason i decided to NOT spend 695 euros for the guccissima black boston bag....

so....i'm still looking for a black boston bag....

thanks all for reporting your experiences....