Quality of Elliott Lucca bags?

1. Does anyone have any experience with Elliott Lucca bags? I'd never heard of this designer before, but while I've been searching for my perfect red/burgundy bag, I came across this one that they make..

and I was considering it, but I was curious about opinions on the quality of this designer and opinions on this particular bag before I got it. What do you guys think? Have you come across any other nice bags in darker reds or burgundy for fall/winter?
  2. I do not know much about the quality, but it looks like a nice bag and the style is great. Sorry not much help but I like it. I have seen others by this name and have also wondered about it, so I loook forward to seeing what others post.
  3. I believe that the Elliot Lucca are made by the same company as Sak. They started as woven leather bags, and I have an early one that I love. I notice that the bag you selected has a woven handle, which is a great detail, and one that EL should be able to pull off. In general, the quality is good; no hand stitching and italian leather, but nice quality that should hold up well.
  4. Great bags at reasonable prices! I have 2 of them. I don't use them daily, but I use them often enough and they've held up very well. The leather on my 2 bags is very very soft! :tup:
  5. I have the large Etoile satchel in burgundy croco. The Etoile is a great looking bag, but the leather is just so-so. I bought the pewter one and I ended up returning it, because it just looked so cheap. The wine croco leather is MUCH nicer, but nowhere near as nice as the pebbled leather on my EL Socialite Satchel and my EL wallet. The hardware on EL bags is excellent. It's high quality, durable, and it really adds to the look of the bag. The only complaint I have about EL bags is that they have kind of crappy lining. It's durable, but it's cheap nylon-y material. It's not a big deal, I just like nicer linings.

I got my Etoile for a STEAL, but I honestly don't think it's as nice as the other EL bags I've seen. I wouldn't have paid full price for it!
  6. Thanks for the input guys! I decided to go ahead and buy the bag. They have a free overnight shipping deal going right now, and I figure if I don't like it, I can always just return it. I'll let you guys know how it is when it arrives and I'll try to take some in person pictures of it for future Elliott Lucca reference :smile: