Quality Issues at BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the same experience - I wanted to make a special request and was asked to put it in the comment box. So...whether the comment box was originally intended for special requests or not, it has been used that way at the direction of BE staff. As sandysandiego said, if there's a box and there's something in it, the request should be taken care of -- and if it's unclear, the client should be asked for clarification. If there's no box, that does make for less...customizability (:P I think I just made up a word), but also less room for error.

I consider BE bags to be of outstanding quality. I have purchased 7 BEs in total - three "off the rack" and four via BEC. All of the stock bags and two of the BEC bags were absolutely perfect. I had minor issues with the other two BECs but both were quickly and kindly resolved to my complete satisfaction. However, I do think that the issues I had should have been discovered by quality control at the atelier or at BE before I received them. It may be easy to overlook a missing zipper pull, for example, but surely one of the five people who inspects the bags should have caught that. And if five people are missing larger issues, such as braided handles instead of rolled, or a different-colored lining, there's a breakdown in the quality-checking process somewhere. Perhaps a short QA checklist would be helpful?

You are right, we have given permission to use the Comments Box. That's one of the things I'm trying to figure out. I love maximum flexibility in everything I do and I think that spills over into this.

You are also correct that your minor issues should have been spotted, but I hold my hands up and say they make mistakes sometimes. I do agree with whoever said it's the way we resolve it that counts if that happens so I'm glad we resolved your issue properly and promptly.

A checklist is a very good idea and they do already have one but clearly it doesn't always work. In any case, from our side, with the new QC checks we've had in place for a while, we haven't had many issues at all so I'm hoping that it continues...

Feel I must say that my BE experience was the best ever: friendly, helpful, informative throughout. I'll be back soon for more!
Have been out of the loop - congrats on the bump. If we lived in/on the same town/country/continent, I'd invite you and the bump for a playdate!

Thank you so much. We do try, but I will acknowledge that we don't always get it right.

Playdate sounds fun! I wish I could take a few months off just for playdates :smile:. X

Thank you for your opinion. Neither did I, both times. You did not miss the defects. I have been asked to refrain from discussing it and I will do so since I want to return the bag and receive a refund.

Hi Gingey,

We haven't asked you not to discuss your bag at all, I clearly stated that in my email to you.

I will state here though that I did not start this thread to discuss individual issues and have a live conversation about them. It's a general thread about BEC and improvements that can be made.

If you want to discuss your other bag maybe the general complaints thread is a better place.

That's fine, all I ask is that people talk about their own experiences rather than speculating based on the alleged experiences of others. Reading about others' experiences is one thing, starting threads and adding fuel to the fire on threads speculating about other people's problems is quite another. Since I know who is a customer and who is not, it is clear to me when this is happening, clearer than to readers of the forum.

You never know what others' motivation is. Also, I believe that a price point can make a big difference, both to expectation and to the reaction of the poster.

All your points are valid, I just ask you to judge us based on your own experience.

X

I completely agree.

It's the same as judging a person without having met them at all based on someone's ELSE'S opinion.

Opinions are highly subjective and it's nice to have your own.

A positive attitude doesn't hurt either!

I think it violates the spirit of this forum for a designer to request a customer not post a negative review. This forum should be impartial, people should freely be able to post both their good and bad experiences. To have the brand influence what gets posted here is a disservice to the whole forum IMO.

GB isn't the first to mention this. Susa's recent issue she mentioned that "she is not at all appreciating that I posted my issue here". In the past there have also been requests by Jackie to not report what the resolution to issues have been.

We do not request that customers do not post negative reviews. This is a perfect example of how something is misunderstood.

The only thing I ever say (and please remember some people we have known for years and are very frank with in emails) is that I do wish people would allow us to resolve the issue or at least respond to it before they post a complaint that we have not resolved it. Sometimes it takes us a little time to get an answer to them (like a day or two days rather than two hours) and I would appreciate the chance to give a response before a complaint is posted and 5 pages of speculation about what we will/should do ensues.

We do not request that customers do not post negative reviews. This is a perfect example of how something is misunderstood.

The only thing I ever say (and please remember some people we have known for years and are very frank with in emails) is that I do wish people would allow us to resolve the issue or at least respond to it before they post a complaint that we have not resolved it. Sometimes it takes us a little time to get an answer to them (like a day or two days rather than two hours) and I would appreciate the chance to give a response before a complaint is posted and 5 pages of speculation about what we will/should do ensues.[/QUOTE]

How shall I respond to this? I did give BE a chance to respond, they did, ...and then I posted for a specific reason. I am not speculating. I am basing everything on fact. I will say no more.

Last edited:
Thing is Jackie......some like to air their laundry out in public, while others like to do it in privacy.

I have had a few minor issues ALL resolved to my satisfaction.

If I choose to share these experience, it's my choice and my choice alone.

And at the end of the day, I'd like to think that IF I'm having an issue I may be albe to resolve it on my own and the person in question as opposed to taking it on a public forum. I like to give myself a little credit!

Hi Gingey,

We haven't asked you not to discuss your bag at all, I clearly stated that in my email to you.

I will state here though that I did not start this thread to discuss individual issues and have a live conversation about them. It's a general thread about BEC and improvements that can be made.

If you want to discuss your other bag maybe the general complaints thread is a better place.

How shall I respond to this?

I posted not to start a live conversation but to address something that I believe was implied in one of your posts. Furthermore, this is a forum. I will repost everything on the other thread as well. I do not want to be banned so therefore I am being circumspect.

Am I incorrect that the title of this thread is quality issues at BE rather than quality issues on BEC? That is what I addressed not CS issues nor my specific issues.

As far as my other bag, I believe the BE post and the photos have already laid that matter to rest. I did not post them last year because I did not want to air the matter here for numerous reasons, but this door was not opened by me at this point in time.

Thing is Jackie......some like to air their laundry out in public, while others like to do it in privacy.

I have had a few minor issues ALL resolved to my satisfaction.

If I choose to share these experience, it's my choice and my choice alone.

And at the end of the day, I'd like to think that IF I'm having an issue I may be albe to resolve it on my own and the person in question as opposed to taking it on a public forum. I like to give myself a little credit!

Most of the time I have done so privately. It is evident since I posted nothing about what happened with my first BE purchase, resolved it, and continued to post here for months aftewards.

This time I attempted to do so as well. The reason I am airing my issue publicly is known to those who need to know.

Sorry sgreg, I think I misunderstood your question. My reply above was pertaining to the suggestion to make return/exchange policies clear. If you are asking about my suggestion for repairs/service, then yes maybe something like a tab on top with a "contact us" or "send us an inquiry" section so you can send an email directly from the site for repair requests etc.

Hi hipnycmom,

I think our policies are written on the site but as we are currently undergoing a redesign, I will take your post if that is ok and take it into account when uploading the new information so that we can make it clearer.

Thank you so much for taking the time to suggest it.

Jackie XO

I think it's my thinking and writing today, your post was super clear! I am weaning myself off coffee, and things aren't processing the same way as usual... :biggrin: Plus I'm real narky!

I think your suggestion is great, and they could cut stuff out of their HELP section:

"What is your Refund and Exchange policy?

Belen Echandia offers a no-quibble exchange or refund policy. You must inform us within 7 days of your intention to return your purchase of receipt and you must actually return it within 14 days. Please do not send anything back without first letting us know and if you are outside of the European Union it is your responsibility to fill in a CN22 customs form. You must write that the item is returned goods, or a repair, as applicable. Packages returned without a CN22 customs form or which do not state that the items are returned goods will automatically be rejected and returned to sender. There is nothing we can do about this so please take extra care. For more information see our Terms and Conditions.

Please note that this returns policy does not apply to items made to order or at a discount - all such orders are final. If you have a complaint about an item which has been made to order, we will replace it with the same item at our discretion.

Do you undertake repairs?

If your Belen Echandia purchase is faulty because of a manufacturing fault, we will be happy to repair it for you. Please note that there is a £15 postage, packing and handling fee for each item returned for repair, which shall be paid in full before the item is repaired."

and place it near the end of the ordering page where you were saying! Even though they do state their policies in the HELP section, it would save stress for the consumer and for BE by having it reiterated on the ordering page.

Thanks, this is very helpful!
X

The only thing I ever say (and please remember some people we have known for years and are very frank with in emails) is that I do wish people would allow us to resolve the issue or at least respond to it before they post a complaint that we have not resolved it. Sometimes it takes us a little time to get an answer to them (like a day or two days rather than two hours) and I would appreciate the chance to give a response before a complaint is posted and 5 pages of speculation about what we will/should do ensues.[/QUOTE]

How shall I respond to this? I did...and then I posted for a specific reason. I will say no more.

Hi Gingey,

That actually wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular.

X

Hi Gingey,

That actually wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular.

X

I will accept that graciously. I will also state that BE has always responded to my emails in a timely manner. As for the rest, I will not respond here at the moment. It is 3AM here and I am going to sleep. I will respond tomorrow if anything should need to be responded to. Facts only and calmly and respectfully but I will be truthful either on this thread or the other thread or both where it is appropriate and when it is appropriate. I do not want anyone to think I am being belligerent or accusatory. I am merely responding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.