qn on number of stitches on damier speedy handle

1. hi ladies...

i read on fashionphile's LV authentication guide that all mono speedys have 5 horizontal stitches on the leather part which attaches the handle to the body of the bag. i quote:

Watch the stitching: Louis Vuitton is very careful with it's stitching. Stitching should be very even and regular. The same number of stitches will be found in similar locations on similar bags... for example the leather tab that the handle attaches onto on any size monogram Speedy bag will always have 5 regular, even stitches across the top, like this:

[​IMG]

does this apply to damier speedies as well? i've been looking at damier speedy 25s in the LV stores cos i'm thinking of buying one and i'm pretty sure the one i saw most recently had more than 5 horizontal stitches. is this normal or was that a defective piece?

help much appreciated... thanks!

2. I just checked my damier speedy 30, and it has 6 stitches across the top. I know it's real, since I bought it from LV! I guess the # of stitches is diff on the damier bags...

3. my damier 25 also has 6 stitches. i guess damier is different

4. Yes, damier speedys have 6 stitches. I was told by my SA that this is due to the thicker, more coarsely textured leather used on the damier speedy handles, as opposed to the more supple and thin vachetta.

5. hi ladies..

thanks for all your replies! i went back to the store again to examine the damier speedy and indeed it had 6 horizontal stitches on each of the leather flaps. :tup: