Q for HAC owners pls?

because the metal prong hits the bottom portion of the square opening, there is a depression on the leather like so:
47b6cc24b3127cce8f24533faebd00000016108Abt2rZi3ZN8

I've never seen a HAC with a round metal prong. Maybe a visit to the SPA is in order? Could this have occured if the bag was hit hard somehow? The misaligning?

My HAC's all have the newer square lock so they're obviously different. However, when I went to look closely at mine, they all had that same quirk where the prong hits the lower part of the cut-out. I don't shut mine regularly (carry them open), so I've never noticed it or seen it as an issue, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

And I agree that the leather looks like Courchevel.

thank you so much for the assistance, gazoo and style!

i noticed that if i hold the bag upside down when i attach the flap,
the metal prong is more centered when it goes thru the square opening
(so i think there may be a slouch in the bag center causing the prong
to align with bottom of square opening).

will take the bag in for a spa in HK next week (just to make sure, which is fine bec the corners show some wear)...:yes:

Definitely Courchevel....I have a 40cm Birkin in the same leather and colour. Don't wanna be an alarmist but you have to watch out for certain things:

1. Leather's grain is stamped i.e not natural like Togo or Chevre. You have to be careful as too much rubbing over time will cause the grain to fade!
  2. Dyeing proess: Scratches show as light, almost white lines. Further abrasion turns dark brown! The handles will actually lighten with age - and gripping too hard, causing the handles to rub together too often will hasten the process. I have brown marks in the inside parts of the handles where I grasp the bag.
  3. Gussets: The area at the sides which fold open and closed like an accordian - the extremities/sharp ends can lighten with time. So be gentle with the opening and closing of the bag.
  4. Cleaning: Just a very, very slightly damp cloth - the dye is not as stable as I hope.

The bag was sent for refurb. in August 06...no word yet of her estimated time of return. Handles, I was told required replacement.

Hi Laura,
The leather looks like Courchevel. It is not Ardennes. I would wonder how much experience the seller has with Hermes leathers.
G

thanks for the info, eric! some of the wear and tear you mentioned i would have to say is present in this HAC...
oy, now i regret getting something in courchevel. :sad:
sending bag for refurb soon, hope i don't keel over from the repair estimate.

I have the HAC in Box leather with the round turn-lock. These were present in the older HAC's....the newer ones have the square lock.

LARALAMB.......don't be sad about buying Courcheval....it's a lovely leather and you have a gorgeous bag! With all Hermes bags (with the possible exception of Togo or Clemence) you just have to be a little careful. Each leather has it's own quirks....Chevre with scuff, Swift will scuff, Box scratches and marks, Barenia actually changes color (darker with a rich patina over time)......this is the beauty of Hermes leathers, IMO.

I brought my Gulliver Kelly to the spa just about a month after getting her because I didn't know about the corners scuffing in this leather....I almost had a heart-attack! But I was assured that my baby would come back good as new so it's all good!

Just enjoy your beautiful bag........Courcheval is a lovely, lovely leather!!!