Q for HAC owners pls?

laralamb

May 16, 2006
Hi HAC owners! =)

A question please... I recently bought a 1995 32cm HAC in Ardennes (?) leather from a very reputable seller. I noticed that when I close the bag's top flap though, the metal prong that goes through the square-shaped opening of the flap isn't in the center of the square hole but close to the bottom part of the opening. I'll post pics sometime tonight... Wondering if anyone else's HAC is like this??

Also, I noticed the stitching for the handles on the INSIDE of the bag isn't that even (although the outside stitching is fine ///). Is this normal for a hand-stitched bag? Pics of this to follow as well.

Any input very much appreciated.

- Lara =)

Lara.....I've got a 32cm HAC but pics would really be helpful. Who did you buy the bag from? You can PM me with that info if you'd rather......

hi shopmom! thanks, i'll post pics when i get home tonight. =) i'll let you know transaction details too. btw, i really admire your sense of style and "the way you wear your HAC..." (hey, that should be a thread...)

Lara, I hope you'll post some pictures too. As for the stitching, some members said imperfect stitching is alright because they're hand sewn and not machine sewn.

47b6cc24b3127cce8f2458116f3e00000016108Abt2rZi3ZN8

The 2 strap holder spokes/forks fit perfectly through the slits, so I'm concerned about why the center prong doesn't go through the center of the square hole as well.... =( Posting some more pics...