Pussycat Dolls Winner Asia, Goes Solo, Plus New Show ! Girlicious

1. http://weblogs.cw11.com/network/cwsource/pussycat_dolls_present_the_search_for_the_next_doll/

July 27, 2007

Pussycat Dolls: Asia on Her Own

[​IMG]An Hartford Courant article talks about the state of The CW and what’s coming up next season, but what really caught our eye was this comment from Dawn Ostroff: "She decided to do a solo career.”
    The “she” in question is Asia Nitollano, winner of last season’s Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll. Guess she wasn’t that interested in joining the group after all, was she?
    And according to Ostroff, she didn’t have to be. The president of The CW tells the Courant that “the winner was never obligated contractually to join the group.”
    Other tidbits from the article:
    -- The new Pussycat Dolls show will be about creating a new girl band. Hence the title "The Pussycat Dolls Presents: Girlicious." Are you more or less likely to watch now that you know the winner won’t be in the Dolls?
    -- The judges for the show that wavers between guilty pleasure and reality train wreck, "Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants," will feature judges Shanna Moakler (former beauty queen and ex-wife of Blink 182’s Travis Barker), Carson Kressley (the Queer Eye fashion guy) and Cynthia Garrett (“television personality.”)
  2. Maybe this was an agreed upon press release because she didn't work out and PCD didn't want her. I could believe that more. Could she really be stupid enough to leave for a solo career before she could gain fame off the PCD machine? I have a feeling little Miss Attitude didn't work with the already established group.
  3. Nobody is going to remember this girl in 2 years. She should of stayed with TPD, their a (semi) established group.
  4. Don't think she is ready for a solo career but this is probably the most press she will get.
  5. Didn't Diiddy Do Dat Already??? LOL It's called Making the Band. I see they are all still together. :whistle:
  6. I'm sorry if I sound mean but I don't think Asia is that talented or pretty enough to have her own solo career.

7. ITA with you. I used to watch the show every week. I was so upset when she won :tdown::tdown::tdown:. My favorite was Chelsea and DH wanted Melissa (little cute asian one not the other one) to win. I never liked Asia, never.
  8. I really never liked her much on the show and can't believe that she will make it on her own but then again, stranger things have happened
  9. I will most def be watching this new show.
  10. I never liked her either & thought she was a good dancer but Chelsae had a way better voice than she did.
  11. I didn't like Melissa attitude.

Chelsea had a good voice but I don't think she had the PCD look. Asia, IMO, had the look.
  12. EW. Another random who can't sing for beans. Please stop while ahead.
  13. I liked Chelsea much better :sad:
  14. ^Same here, I was hoping she would win! I didn't think that Asia was a good fit with the PCD ... definitely not a surprise she went solo!