Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll

I thought it was funny, in a sad sort of way, to see Sisely, who is ostensibly in a band, complaining about the realities of showbiz as if such things were utterly unknown to her.

Maybe her band didn't really work much?

I loved watching Mariela learn that she can too sing. That is a much better prize than becoming a Pussy Cat Doll!

nicole S from the current pussycat dolls was on a reality TV show many years ago also..I forget the name of the show, but the group that was formed bcause of it was called edens crush, they broke up along time ago. Nicole S definitely should venture out on her own, she dosent need the transvestities hanging around her haha

I am a sucker for pretty much any reality series. lol...
:idea: Wanna start a support group?

I dont know why they are searching for a new doll when the ones they have now dont do anything, only nicole is seen doing anything, the others are just accessories
Now Socialite, as a tPFer, you of all people should understand the importance of accessories!
:P

^ mee too. although i wouldn't admit it normally, it's a guilty pleasure

i was really sadden by sisley tonight. sometimes it takes time to see one's true character

she was frustrated and in that frustration said someone else danced like a drag queen.

and that person, asia, hasn't said anything to upset her.

maybe sisley was saying that in a way to try and 'help' asia as she tried helping chelsea (sp). in a way, you can't fault her for that

but obviously it hurted asia a lot and when she made that group circle or even when asia was obviously upset at the rehersal sisley should have at least apologized

if she was the oldest and felt the most 'mature' she should have at least done thatn kwim?

i felt like she was kind of hypocritcal in the end, and through her actions she wasn't the 'mature' one but Asia was.

Anyhoos! had to get that off my chest, none of my friends watch this show. lol.

I looove this show!

Something that really bothers me is that people think the PCD are sluts because of their "Dontcha" song, but no one calls Avril Lavigne a slut even though her song "Girlfriend" is even more mean, *****y, and man-stealing.

The PCD did get less respectable further along, with their video for "Buttons" :sad: , but in the beginning they didn't do those stripper moves; it was just that song.

I wonder what would have happened if they started out with a different songs, if they would've had a better reputation. I have their cd, and it's beautiful. The last track, "Feelin' Good", is heaven; Nicole has such a gorgeous voice. Lots of other artists look/act like the PCD, but none of them have the same amount of hate floating around them from the public. Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera in her drrty era, Britney Spears (granted, the latter two didn't make "Girlfriend"-esque songs as far as I know...but they were damn slutty looking)

Hope I didn't offend anyone with my opinions.:flowers:

^ I don't think a lot of people are aware that PCD started out as burlesque dancers. So, yes, they've done the "strippers moves" (as some might say) way before they came out with the "Don't Cha" song. I personally don't think they're sluts; that's the image that they're selling. People either hate or love them. Same goes for the others... Christina Aguilera, for instance, people either hate or love her. I personally love their music (Christina's too :P).