pURSE pAGE = pUrSE fOrUM?///

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

This is Marco from the purse page. I never posted here because I dont want to disturb Megs and Vlad's site, but I saw this thread and wanted to respond.

Im not sure if this thread is about my site, or about that the other site Lvbabydoll posted about, helpdb, which I never heard of.

I just wanted to say that, if youre talking about my site, it's 100% origional reviews. We've never copied a review or any text from anywhere.
We have a message board too but it's 100% origional posts as well.
Yes we reviews bags as well but so do dozens other sites.

Anyways The Purse Blog is #1 for bags, it will always be #1 as it should be. This is an amazing site and I don't know Megs of Vlad, but from what I've read they're fantastic. So I hope you dont think we've stolen reviews because we wrote our reviews ourselves.

Anyways just wanted to clear our name in case we were being called copycats. And if not, then...nevermind :smile:

All the best and I wish you continued success.

Marco

I was actually talking about your page Marco, it kinda does look the same (the home page) as TPF .....

^^^she is not giving false info at all, it is totally true!

No, it's not true. You own copyright to all photos and writings that you make automatically. Others can purchase the copyright from you, and then they have all rights to the image or writing. Copyright does not expire until 70 years after the author's death.

If it were true that you lose all control over your images once they have been published, how would photographers make any money?

There is such thing as the doctrine of fair use, but that is not the same as saying that you completely lose control of your images and writings upon publication.

I was actually talking about your page Marco, it kinda does look the same (the home page) as TPF .....

Really? I'm very flattered but my site is nowhere near as good looking as the purse blog.
The Purse Blog's colors and design looks amazing, its like eye candy and very beautifully done. My site is just a free wordpress template I got from wordpress.org. Im not a designer at all. I want to change the look and color and add another column but I can't find a designer who can do it.
I'm jazzed to be compared to the purse blog, but this site is way way ahead of my site.

I dont know what else to say.
There are lots of sites that review bags, groups on yahoo, myspace, lots of sites that review shoes, many sites on beauty tips, and everyone should be able to talk about what they want without being accused of being a copycat. I go to PerezHilton and TMZ, and I dont think one copies from another. They have different styles and stories and I like both.

I can honestly say that our words and text are written only by us. I've read some of Meg's reviews and thought wow she's phenominal.
But we don't steal her words.

Sorry to babble. :smile:

Hi Vlad

My name really is Marco, I dont know who "dean" is, so you must think Im someone Im not.
Im sorry you feel that way.

Ive said nothing but nice things about you and will continue to do so. I just dont have a mean or fighting spirit in me.
Ive let other fashion bloggers post on my site and never attacked them, because it's fashion and supposed to be fun. I dont feel like Im competing with anyone.

Oh, and I get hotlinked off your site a lot, so in reality you take things from my site.
I dont have a problem with it, but please dont think youre the only people on the internet talking about bags because its not fair to those of us who also work in fashion and work hard.
I know of another purse review site that started before you did. I dont think it's a big deal because they have their point of view and you have yours.

Anyways take care and I wish you continued success.

Status
Not open for further replies.