Purse forum widget

1. Hello.

Mac enthusiast here- and now that Windows can be run on macs- it seems that several people I know are changing platforms. And when Vista comes out next year it will be calling widgets gadgets!

Anyway- I wish you had a widget that showed photos of purses. Every day a new purse to look at- I think it would be great, fun, and I could see a new bag each day!!!!!!

I know we have soem Mac lovers. Does anyone have the knowledge to do such a thing?

2. Ummm..stupid question- but what is a widget??

3. I am a mac enthusiast as well. I :heart: my MacBook Pro, it's eventually turned into my main work machine. The Windows box is sitting in the corner.

I am not sure about how to code a widget, otherwise I'd do it myself. Alternatively, you could load an RSS reader widget and load our blog feed into it. Try that!

4. Hi Vlad,

I am a mac user too...and a nice computer you've got there! DH has the same but won't let me touch it!!! So have to be content with my mac mini. A PF widget is a wonderful idea and I'm sure you're already finding out ways on how we can have one.

Thanks for the tPF.

cheers from rio de janeiro,
    jennifer

5. Opera (the browser) has enabeled widgets for quite some while now. I don't really know how it works because I've never been that interested in it, even not when I used mac, but yeah, widgets are available in opera now. But of course, I doubt there is a "purse widget", but somebody can probably make one.

6. From Wikipedia:

A widget (or control) is an interface component that a computer user interacts with, such as a window or a text box. Widgets are sometimes qualified as virtual to distinguish them from their physical counterparts, e.g. virtual buttons that can be clicked with a mouse cursor, vs. physical buttons that can be pressed with a finger. Widgets are often packaged together in widget toolkits. Programmers use widgets to build graphical user interfaces (GUIs).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_(computing)

7. I think if you use Konfabulator (Yahoo widgets now), you can easily retool a widget to be a tPF widget by adding an RSS feed and changing the graphics.