Purple Pigalle Bay came home today...

Congratulations, Tag... This should round off your bay collection, shouldnt it?
I wonder what you do with your bags during rehearsals... I wouldnt lose sight of them...
What did your hubby said of 1) ebay nightmare 2) pigalle bay?

Oh, Tag, now the moment has finally come when we both on our quest for our dream Bays have reached the Happy End (dozens of violins set in with an overwhelmingly melodramatic tune
heart.gif
) Hooray on this one!
woohoo2.gif
woohoo2.gif
What a gorgeous gorgeous and totally fun colour!
drool.gif
I love it! I am very happy for you!
walklikeanegyptian.gif

The question now is: Can we two keep ourselves restricted to our purse ban? What new adventures are up to come for us to endure?
blink.gif
(especially your horrible ebay experience)
And what is going to happen to your Sacoche credit?
nuts.gif

(I'll be safe for a week, going for a ski holiday today and will be offline until Sunday)

:flowers: Thanks for your kind words Bella,Pouty,Ali,IW,Achshih.LYM.Imon,Pixie & Caitie...

Miss E - I wondered whether anyone would notice the matching purple smiley !

Selah - I'll go to my lawyer first thing on Monday to get the joint custody agreement drawn up ;).

Susie - Full retail, smeeshtail indeed :tup:!

Div / MD - I agree that this colour thing with the purple shades is completely confusing :confused1: . I bought my bag from Harrods dept store and it didn't have the round hang tag with it, so I don't know for certain that this is the Pigalle. It just looks identical to the Pigalle in the SSO8 brochure, so I'm assuming that it is the same one (it's also the same as the one on LVR and NAP, but just to confuse things NAP don't describe the colour as 'pigalle'). It definitely doesn't look like the same colour MD posted from Matches website though - that one looks like much more electric violet colour.

I wonder if Chloe are actually producing a whole range of purple colours or if it's just different lighting making some of these bags look like different shades ? Div, which one did you see at LVR IRL ?
I guess we'll all have to get one each and then compare and contrast ( surely this sort of serious research is exempt from the bag ban club code of practice ;) ?)

Maria - DH was initially a bit iffy about the eBay debacle with the Elvire because he didn't remember that I told him it was to be my Valentines gift ( guess the old brainwashing didn't work on that occasion :Push:smile:. First it was a case of 'What ? You bought ANOTHER bag ??? WHEN ???' but then he soon realised how upset I was and was / is very supportive.

He was cool about the Pigalle. When I unveiled it and told him I could return it if needs be, he said 'No, it's beautiful - keep it - It can be your thank you gift for working on the show' (good old DH) Of course, I've LOVED working on the show and it was enough of a gift to have been so closely involved with it, but I'd never look a gift horse in the mouth :graucho:. I have to say that DH is very much in favour of your Bag Ban Club at this point !

Brigitte - I've just given up on hassling Irene about the Sacoche SSO8 stock. I think I'll probably keep the store credit to use in their next sale as I truly haven't seen anything else in the SSO8 brochure on in IRL that rocked my world.

As far as the bag ban goes...I have every intention of sticking to it. I'm totally resolved to NEVER buying a bag on eBay again after the Elvire debacle and if I really can't be satisfied with six Quilted Bays, the Edith messenger ( still gathering dust at the back of my wardrobe ) two old Mulberry Bags and a Marc Jacobs on too, I really would need to seek professional help...I wonder if a course of therapy would be more expensive than another bag :lol:?

Have fun on the skiing trip - an excellent way to avoid the shops or thinking about bags !

I love your DH's reaction... He is a sweet man... Not many would have produced such a reply!
i hope the show is very successful... i might be travelling to England this summer, so i hope to be able to enjoy it if it is still on (of course, it will be!)

OMG! :love::love::love: at first sight!

She's STUNNING! And, after that whole eBay fiasco, you SOOOOOOOOO deserve her :tup: I am glad to hear that your husband was supportive as well -- a true life happy ending :yes:

:flowers:Thanks for your kind words Plzrck & Jen and...

Drp - is mine the same bag you saw in HN ? We're all very confused about the range of purple hues in the SS08 collection.

Maria - Hope the show has opened by the time you visit the UK - if so, you must let me know when you're coming as I'd gladly sort you out some tickets- if not, you'll be coming to visit DH, kids and myself in debtors jail :s (I'll have to sell most of my bags, but maybe I'll just keep one so I can be a well accessorised inmate - wonder which colour would best compliment the prison overalls ?)

Miss B - I've actually got :shame: six quilted Bays...no human being needs that many of course, but I'm afraid for the last year or so I've been in the grip of a terrible Bay addiction. I think the collection is now complete despite what some naysayers (LYM :lol:!) might be saying...

dear god, that is a beautiful bag!
coming in late to the chloe bay scene and am especially enamoured by the quilted. lvr only has the steam colored left (no more white/ivory bags for me):sad:, but this bag is worth full retail!!

congratulations!!

This bag is lovely, such a fabulous colour! After finding your bay family on the 'all about bay' thread I think she will sit nicely with her sisters :yes: Congrats, where will her first outling be? Somewhere fitting I hope.

Have fun with her!

This bag is lovely, such a fabulous colour! After finding your bay family on the 'all about bay' thread I think she will sit nicely with her sisters :yes: Congrats, where will her first outling be? Somewhere fitting I hope.

Have fun with her!

:flowers:Thanks Cat. Her first outing was to a meeting with an American producer in the swanky Covent Garden Hotel ( to discuss DH's show going to NY:girlsigh:), so I think that's very fitting. Hopefully she'll have brought us good luck ! Before that she and I were in a rehearsal room and one of our actors was examing her. He said that she looked like she was covered in luggage tags :cursing: ...typical man eh ? At least my DH appreciates her beauty :heart: ( as does my 4 year old daughter who likes anything that looks vaguely pink :love:)