Purchased my GF's B-day present this morning after all your help. What do you think?

1. Well, I spent the morning at Neimans, Saks, Botega, YSL, LV, and finally Marc Jacobs.

It was tough because a lot of the things that you all reccomended I just couldn't find in the store and I really felt that even though it was going to cost me more and even though I wasn't able to find exactly what I wanted that it would be nicer for her to open something tonight at dinner than get a card saying she would be receiving something in a few days.

I agonized over it and finally came up with what I thought was a classic looking, but semi-hobo style since larger bags what people seem to be buying. It's the Marc Jacobs Multi Pocket Handbag and I went with white at people's suggestion because 1) we are in Spring/Summer now and 2) she has no white bags. I wrestled between that and the Blake for ages, and drooled over the Denim Gaucho. I even considered the YSL Muse but ended up choosing this because I thought it was something she could use a lot, it seemed lighter in weight and in my opinion a bit hipper/younger which would look great with jeans which is pretty much her uniform. I ended up going well over my budget, but it doesn't matter to me if she is happy.

So, now that I am back at a computer I thought I'd thank you all so very much for your input and show you what I bought her. Be honest with me on what you think because it's not too late for me to go back to Marc Jacobs and get a different one. It ended up being about $1,100 so most of the bags were options.

I really hope she likes it and am nervously awaiting her reaction. Anyways, thanks again everyone and let me know what you honestly think!

Multi-Pcoket Handbag Mark Jacobs.jpg
  2. That is a great functional bag! I have/had the one in silver--I just sold it to another PF member. Anyways, the pockets are great because she can put her cell phone, lipgloss, gum, mints, etc. in the pockets and not have to dig around IN the purse. Plus it comes in other colors so if she's not in love with white, she can always try another color.

Great choice! She's VERY lucky--have any single brothers? hahaha.

3. Hi I think the bag is pretty pimp and totally rocks. I love that you bought it in white. Good luck!!! :biggrin:

4. That's a great Marc Jacobs. :love:

She'll love the white.

It's the best of both worlds: classic Marc Jacobs + it has the two pockets in front like the satchels you liked.

:biggrin:

5. That is a great choice. It is one of the most popular MJ styles.

And while it is definitely a great bag, I think she will appreciate the gesture even more than the bag.

6. Good Job , I pretty sure she will like

7. AWWWW! GOOD JOB! We are soooo proud of you!!!
    I had 2 of thoses multipockets(just sold!)...and they were my very first MJ bags...sniff...Congrats ...She is very lucky to have you!

8. Excellent choice! The white is simply gorgeous and I'm sure she will be thrilled with it. And you - of course! So thoughtful of you! You made the right decision and so did she ;)

9. Great choice! SHe is one very lucky girl!

10. I'm sure she'll love it!

11. Gorgeous bag! She will love it!
    p.s. I'm married but if you have a brother my sister would be interested! just kidding!

12. Gorgeous choice. Good man. I hope she loves it!

13. I think it's a nice funtional bag. I am sure she can use it everyday!.

14. She's a lucky girl! I hope she enjoys the bag.

15. You are such a sweet GF. I'm sure she'll love it. It's a great functional bag. Amazing colour too.