Pulling The Race Card

86leo

*Got Coach?*
Jan 19, 2007
Do you think that someone pulling the race card and falsely accusing someone of being racist is just as bad as someone being racist? Let me explain. Bare with me. LOL

We have MAJOR neighbor issues. We live on a military base in base housing. Our neighbors are HORRIBLE.

We have had to call security forces (base cops) a dozen or so times on them for various things. Everything from their stereo blaring and vibrating the house at 7am on a Sat - all the way to them figting so bad the house was shaking like an earthquake....and numerous other things in between.

So, cops AND everyone's bosses have been involved because the issues are so bad. They are both active duty and both F* ups. In fact the husband is actually getting kicked out of the Air Force.

Im telling you, they are HORRIBLE. I can go on and on with things.

2 things broke the camels back today and caused me to call base housing on them AGAIN.

They have a dog whom they are very neglectful of. They leave the dog out barking and whining on a short leash in -30 degree temps for HOURS. They leave the dog out on a short leash in the summer for hours w/ no water, etc. After us complaining about that, they leave the dog in their basement 24/7 and NEVER take it out.

But they let it out on Sat. they chained it to their deck and left it there for HOURS. It barked and whined all day long. Then suddlenly we heard the dog in distress. The dog was HANGING himself to DEATH on that damn short leash!!!! I went hystercial because I was watching this dog die before my eyes.....so my husband ran outside and rescued the dog and saved its life!!! The entire time the owners WERE HOME and they ignored the dogs cry of distress. Finally they saw my husband in their yard consoling the dog. My husband says "dude, your dog was hanging itself to death". The owner says "oh thanks" and goes inside :wtf: I have been severly tramatized over witnessing this.

THEN this morning, im outside watering my yard and flowers and the most disgusting stench of dog **** comes from their open basement window. I was dry heaving!!!

So, because of those 2 things, I called base housing.

Then my husband finally decided to confront her at work and she pulled the race card on him!!!! She said that because they are black that we are harassing them by calling the cops on them all the time :wtf:

WTF? We call the coops on them because they are screw ups! Not because of their skin color!!! She threatening to get legal counsel because of this! My DH who seriously out ranks her said that she better NOT even go that route. Because there is NOTHING that shows this is a race issue!!!

Uggggg.

I just think falsey accusing someone of being racist when they are NOT is JUST as bad as someone actually being racist!!!

This is a very difficult issue. On the one hand, I do feel this issue is abused by some people, which makes it harder when there is a real issue. On the other hand, racism is still alive and well in America, and you have no idea what situations these people have experienced before or how they've been treated. Bad neighbors come in all colors- and all of the bad ones I've experienced have been caucasian.

First and far most - I'm SO sorry that you had to witness that and for the poor dog!! I hope they have someone rescue that poor pup right out of there!

I think you're right. That pulling the race card is just as bad and being out right racist. You cannot complain about someone who makes a racial remark and you definitely can't use something that was blatantly NOT an racial issue by using race as a crutch.

Don't get me wrong, you definitely have to say something if someone makes a racial slur. I'm part of a minority myself but would never use it as a crutch. If I didn't do my work and my boss scolded me for it, it is my wrong doing.

This is a very difficult issue. On the one hand, I do feel this issue is abused by some people, which makes it harder when there is a real issue. On the other hand, racism is still alive and well in America, and you have no idea what situations these people have experienced before or how they've been treated. Bad neighbors come in all colors- and all of the bad ones I've experienced have been caucasian.

Yeah, I hear you. I just cant believe it was even called because there is nothing that we have ever done that would even suggest that!!!

And all of our reason for calling the cops had nothing to do w/ their color :sad:

And we have cookouts at our house that have people of diff races. Clearly that isnt an issue.

Im just upset that my husband was put in that situation and it shocked him that anyone would pull that on him.

I am so sick of this crap, and its uber embarassing.

Using race as a crutch to justify buffoonery is :tdown:

Speaking of buffoons... sorry, couldn't help myself :P

ann_al.jpg

First let me say, thank god your hubby saved the dog. Those people don't sound like they care about themselves, much less a dog. I would of freaked the f%ck out if I saw that. Can you call animal protective services and get the dog taken away from them? Was it a black dog? LOL

As far as the whole race card, it is why I hate people like Al Sharpton. I am of mixed race, one part being black, so he just offends me to no end. Any time a black person in the media gets caught doing something, he steps in and says its because they are black and the man is holding them back. It embarrasses me quite frankly because it means they couldn't back up what they did wrong in the first place with a valid argument to take responsibility for their actions. I don't care who you are, you do something wrong, own up to it.

Speaking of buffoons... sorry, couldn't help myself :P

ann_al.jpg

See...ROFLMAO

I wasn't sure if the Al Sharpton reference I made was "too hot for tv" so I edited it....but maybe I should have kept it. :roflmfao::roflmfao:

Like I said before I chose to edit, "pulling the race card went out a long time ago with Al Sharpton's hairdo."

Absolutely no excuse for their awful behavior AND animal cruelty/neglect no matter if they are white, black, yellow, green or polka dotted. Cheap cop outs!!

I think that its bad, not only because it usually masks the truth of the situation, but because it downplays racial issues when in fact they are trying to say those are the problem. Its like crying wolf, and in the end no one is going to take it seriously anymore when its a serious problem. It happens here all the time. I live in HI and we have a large military population so both parties always try to play the race card.

I'd be angry about having a crap neighbor like that too, is the housing board going to take any action against them? I thought you could lose your housing if you don't take care of it. Over here you have to keep your lawn a certain way, so I can't imagine the how they would view a place that smelled like dog poo from the next house :cursing:

Out of curiosity? Could you perhaps move to a better place with better neighbors off base? It sounds like your husband is pretty up there in rank. My bf moved up relatively quickly for his age and we have a very nice condo off base. I know the policy is different everywhere though. And if anyone should move it should be the deadbeats, but its just an idea in case they can't find a way to kick them out :smile: