Protesting Canada's Seal Hunt . . . question?

1. Okay, as you know (or if you don't know I'm telling you now), I'm living in Canada. Canada has the seal hunt every year, which everyone knows, I realized I'm totally against.

I plan on not eating Canadian seafood to show I don't support the seal hunt, but I don't know if there's any specific types of seafood I should avoid.

I went to a seafood restaurant with my dad for lunch today and on my way there, I was seriously questioning whether or not I should go. Then I was questioning wheter or not I should order the fish and chips. (The 'fish' in fish and chips was hallibut. I don't remember reading anything about hallibut in the seal hunting articles.)

Help me!

2. I don't know too much about the exact seafood you should avoid. All I can suggest, is that you ask about the origins of each, individually (or read the label, if you're in a store), before ordering/buying.

I should imagine that, as you live in Canada, it might be quite hard to avoid Canadian Seafood, as most of it is probably caught fairly locally.

I think it's far easier for people from the US and the rest of the world to avoid it. :yes:

Well done on your decision to protest against the hunt, BTW. :flowers:

3. Thank you! My aunt and uncle said cod was the fish to avoid. So I won't eat Canadian cod.

4. It's my own personal protest. I'm not one of those extremists who show graphic pictures of the seal hunt. I realize for some people, it's their livelihood. I just don't agree with it.