Proper etiquette in working with SAs?

1. Hello everyone, I knew I could get a straight answer for this question here.

A few days ago I called the Somerset LV store (Troy, MI) because an SA there helped me get the Miroir Papillon a few months ago. I was looking for the Groom Agenda in red.

When I called the store, I asked if she was in, and the person who answered the phone said she wasn't, and asked if she could take a message or help me. I told her what I was looking for and she said she could get it.

Long story short, my agenda is coming from the Oakbrook IL store, but I feel bad that I wasn't able to give the sale to the SA who helped me previously with the Miroir.

Comments? Should I have waited until my other SA was in to place my order?

P.S. I was in MI in December, and tried to go in to say hello and thank you to the SA who got me my Miroir. But it was her day off. The other associate said she would tell her, but I doubt she did ...

2. I'm not sure I believe this, but one of the SAs at my store said they don't make commission. There has got to be some incentive to sell, though!

3. It doesn't really matter as they do not work off comission :smile:

4. ^^^ The do have sales quota's tho. They get bonuses based on their own personal goals and the store making goals, too.

5. I wouldn't worry too much about it Lori! I've done this too when I am desperate for something and don't want to wait!

6. I think it's fine what you did....it's smart to 'shop around for SAs'. When I started to get into LV, I jumped around from SA to SA for about 4-5 times before settling on my current one.... after comparing them you can decide who's your fav one :biggrin:

7. I didn't know that they didn't get a commission. I thought they did. I live in a small city, Cincinnati, and we just don't get the items that the east and west coast stores do. I told my sa that I wanted a Fersen Dentille, and she said that she would try to get it for me. It's one of the runway spring 07 bags. I'm also getting the plain speedy dentille. My SA is definitely getting that - the plain speedy dentille, and I'm first on that list. Should I call up NYC store and ask them about the Fersen Dentille, or should I wait and see if my Cincinnati SA can get one? From what I understand, the Fersen Dentille will be made in a limited number. What do all the experts think?

8. :yes: :yes:

9. If you're really close with your SA, they can probably have some pull in getting one for you. However, I do know that some people put their names on the list at several stores to be sure they get one. I'd put my card info down though at whichever store you think may get it in the soonest.

10. Thanks Rebecca!

11. You're welcome! Hope it helps :smile:

12. I usually work with one SA but sometimes I buy small pieces from random SA's out of impulse.

13. I always buy from the same SA (assit. mgr) but she even told me that there is no commission. It doesn't matter who rings you up. But, it's definately nice to work with the same SA.

14. Great topics. I was wondering about this as well. I found an SA that I like who works at the LV store in Vienna, Virginia. All but one of my LV purchases I made last year was through him. When I went in the week before Xmas and made my latest purchase, he was busy, so another SA helped me. I felt kinda bad because I wanted to give him my business. :crybaby:

15. Off topic...but I live in Troy! Gotta love Somerset :biggrin: