pronunciation ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best post ever. The first time I went into the LV store in Lenox, I had to resort to SPELLING the bags' names because the SA couldn't understand my South Georgia French! Kind of embarrassing, but hey...

NO NO No...what I meant was since I was new *I* might sound bossy seeing that I don't know how this forum works, don't know anyone, etc. Kind of like I've only been here a day and already I'm suggesting ways to improve. Knowing that someone with over 800 posts and a veteran to the forum (you) thought the same thing confirmed that it really would be a useful thing. I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding. I never meant to imply you were being bossy!!! I'm sorry!!
Lol... Glad to know that. You don't have to apologize, sweetie. I wasn't offended at all. Was just asking for confirmation, you know, sometimes you might not realise your mistakes till people point it out. And I would really appreciate it if anyone do. That's how we can improve ourselves! ;)

Welcome to the forum. :flowers: I'm not really a "veteran" yet. :shame: Still so much to learn here!

You did not sound bossy at all I LOVE LV, but I don't think divabeadz meant to imply that. :yes:
Glad to know. Thanks for the reassurance. :flowers:

I think you both have a great idea!:idea: It would really be helpful for all us newbies esp when going to the boutique. I feel foolish sometimes, but then I realize some of the newer SAs don't know how to pronounce the names properly either.
Thanks to you both for suggesting this....:flowers:
:shame:

I love that website! I use it for everything. Mainly because I work with a lot of international customers and I want to make sure I pronounce their names correctly. But I never thought abbout using it to actually learn the names of LV bags! Duh!

In case anyone is interested, this website will pronounce whatever word you are having trouble pronouncing in just about any language:

Acapela Group - Interactive Demo

In high school, when it came time to choose a language, I chose French so that I could pronounce "Yves" in YSL. I used to pronounce it "yeves."

I ended up marrying a Frenchman and according to him, most of the SAs in the LV store pronounce the names incorrectly too - so I don't feel bad misprounouncing names (although I've had some situations where I'm pronouncing the name correctly and the SA thinks it's pronounced differently).

Could we run through many of the styles and post how to pronounce each name. For example, I've got no clue as to whether batignolles is pronounced like it's spelled or not. I'd hate to sound like moron by mispronouncing the name when I'm trying to place an order or something...lol!

Other examples: drouot, trotteur, boulogne, pochette accessories, saumur, saleya, malsherbes...I'm sure there are other styles that are confusing too -- if we could do a rundown on some of the proper pronunciations I think that would be so helpful for newbies like me.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/here-is-how-to-pronounce-lv-bag-names-13971.html

Status
Not open for further replies.