Project Runway Judge Nina Garcia Pregnant

Jan 23, 2006
TUESDAY OCTOBER 24,

nina_garcia.jpg

Project Runway judge Nina Garcia and her husband, David Conrod, a senior managing director at Guggenheim Capital, are expecting their first child together in March, Garcia confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

"This baby must have some amazing fashion sense," Garcia says, "waiting until empire waists and volume came back into fashion!"

Known as the hardest-to-please judge on the show, Garcia, 41, is the latest Project Runway star to look into maternity wear. Next month, host Heidi Klum will deliver her third child and season-three finalist Laura Bennett will welcome her sixth.

"I am convinced there is something in the Project Runway water!" Garcia says. "Heidi knows and is very excited for me. We will have lots to talk about next year."

Until then, Garcia, who is also fashion director of Elle magazine, has plenty to keep her busy: She's putting the finishing touches on her new book, The Little Black Book of Style, due out in May.

She also says she's planning to attend New York City's Fashion Week in February: "I am due in March, so I'll be able to attend the shows in New York but will have to miss Milan and Paris. Somehow, I don't think my baby will mind one bit!"

She REALLY bothers me on Project Runway but I'm so so sooooo happy for her and her husband - I thought she already had kids for some reason! I wish them well!