Professional Hair

jellybebe

loves pink!!!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
I have an interview coming up, and I want to look really professional and polished. I don't really know what to do with my hair. I have dark longish hair (about 1-2 inches above my bra strap) and it's sort of wavy but not really - I straighten it but not pin-straight. My bangs are side-swept but I want them out of the way because I will play with them if I get nervous and I want to look mature. I was thinking of a dark thin hairband or a low ponytail? Please help! :flowers:

I wouldn't wear a headband on an interview-- IMO they give off too much of a little girlish vibe. If I were you, I'd do a side-parted low ponytail with the bangs bobby pinned instead of loose....

Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure about the headband, which is why I had to ask. I want something non-fussy that I don't have to worry about whether I can do it properly on the day, so I may go for the low ponytail and bangs pinned to the side. I'm thinking bun too but sometimes my hair looks weird in a bun.

Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure about the headband, which is why I had to ask. I want something non-fussy that I don't have to worry about whether I can do it properly on the day, so I may go for the low ponytail and bangs pinned to the side. I'm thinking bun too but sometimes my hair looks weird in a bun.
I wouldn't do a bun or curls or anything that looks overly "styled". You want to look professional, well groomed and attractive. But if you look too high maintenance or like a fashionista they won't take you seriously, kwim?

I wouldn't do a bun or curls or anything that looks overly "styled". You want to look professional, well groomed and attractive. But if you look too high maintenance or like a fashionista they won't take you seriously, kwim?

Exactly. I want to look extremely professional and conservative but not ugly and uptight. That is going to be a challenge. I'm trying out the low pony today.