Proenza Schouler PS1 vs. Mulberry Alexa

thedseer - The x-large or oversized PS1 actually have two shoulder straps, one is longer for cross body wear. The bag itself is a bit larger though.

PS1!!!!
I was thinking the same as you, deciding which one to get.
I really love the PS1s and they look edgier than Alexas.
I love PS1 in black and suades while I like more earthy tone like brown for Alexas.
Good luck!
:smile:

I've been thinking of which one to get... I love both!
But, I might want to use the bag for school...? I would need to be able to fit A4 sheets of paper and possibly a laptop? The laptop is slightly larger than an A4 sheet of paper.
Any thoughts?

The oversize Alexa fits a 13 inches laptop but I don't think the regular one does. Perhaps, a tiny netbook would fit. As for the PS1 ones, it also depends on the size, I think you'd have to at least get a large though, to fit a regular laptop.

I tried on a PS1 at Barneys and the Alexa at Mulberry (both sizes)..I realized then that i am not a flap lover..it was so fiddly trying to undo the claps and buckles, lifting up the (hood of the car..flap) to get into the bag when carrying it by the shoulder strap, and the handle is so tight, could barley be carried in the crook of the arm comfortably..i guess you really have to love the style of the bag to put up with its lack of ease...just my 2 cents!

I'm bumping this thread because I would love to hear opinions from people who have either bag or both. It seems like such a difficult decision. How are your bags handling daily wear? Do you think the style you own will be 'classic' enough to be worn for a long time?

Opinions and insights, please!

I like the Alexa better. I've seen both in RL (worn by other people), and I find the Alexa to look younger and more chic. I've seen several girls use the Alexa here at my university. :biggrin:

I have an Alexa (Ink Reg which I got preloved for 1/3 the price of a new PS1) but I'm still lusting after a PS1. Despite reading the stories of people who weren't happy with how theirs have worn, I just love the design. I think the PS1 is a bit edgier and less girly than Alexa.