Problem with the loops on my front Edith pocket

1. I just took my Edith on a business trip and I when I got home, I noticed that one of the loops was missing. When I tried to inspect the remaining one, it fell off! The bag looks fine without the loops and it is easier to get in and out of the pocket.

How would I go about having my bag repaired if I decide that is what I want? tia :yes:

2. In loops do you mean the buckle? That would be odd, no? I never used my Edith's front pocket as I think it is more for aesthetics than for function. Otherwise why would they make it so hard to get in and out of ? :lol: That's the one thing about the Edith that always made me nervous - the craftsmanship. The stitching was threading and sometimes I swore the glue was getting loose on the bottom seams.

I would contact the store you got it from and see what they can do for you.

3. Sorry - I mean the loops below the buckle that tuck in the straps. I never used the pocket so it is sad that it just fell off on its own! A few months ago I saw an Edith at Neimans with the stiching coming out. I hope mine holds up better...

4. I am not having much luck getting this resolved. I contacted the Chloe boutique in New York and they told me to contact a shop in New York for repair. When I explained the problem to the shop, I don't think they understood me.

I would really prefer to have a shop near me do the repair. I just need another loop to replace the one I lost. Does anyone know how I could get one?

When I send an email via the Chloe website, I get an auto response. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5. Can you post some pics so we can see what is going on??

6. Hi hmwe! I will try to post before & afters when I get home tonight. Both of the loops below each buckle are missing from my bag.

[​IMG]

7. Oh dear!
    That's not good news.
    I'm sure the buckles would end up looking scruffier more quickly without these as the straps won't sit flat.
    Is the loop stitched in to the buckle, or would it easily come on or off?

8. Maybe you could take some pictures, circle the areas, and email them to the repair shop? I wonder why Chloe isn't doing this themselves... it seems like they should be covering it.

9. Ahhh, that makes sense.

I would def want that fixed by CHLOE not by a repair shop. But I of the ultra-paranoid
    and hate to have people working on my stuff (LOL: I even wax my own car, all my girlriends
    think I am nuts!!).

Still, I wouldn't want to pay for that to get repaired. Oh you bought it new from a dept
    store, yes? And fairly recently, IIRC.

10. I bought this from an eBay seller who bought it from Net-a-porter. I called Net-a-Porter and they told me to call the New York boutique. I really just want someone to send me the missing loops and some spares in case they fall off again. My local Saks recommended a local repair shop and I trust them to do this simple repair. Here are the pics:

merdith.jpg
  11. Were you able to reach the NY boutique? They should be able to get you
    the replacement parts. That is great that you have a local repair shop that
    you trust!!!

Good luck!!

12. Yes - Someone at the NY boutique told me to conact a repair shop on 55th. I will try again. Maybe I will reach a different person is more helpful! :s

13. I hope you can get it sorted soon^^

By the way, what a beautiful colour Edith!!:love:

14. :cursing: So I called the NY boutique and they told me to call the local wholesale office in NY. The person I spoke to said the loop problem is common and they do not have extras. She said there is no way I am ever going to get one. They do not exist! She also said my only option is to try to return the bag.

I think I am going make some more calls. I find it hard to believe that Chloe would rather have me return the bag than replace a little loop. It can't be that expensive to make a little loop!

15. :sad: I'm really shocked. That is such a small thing to fix! I would call a different Chloe boutique. There has to be a way for them to take care of this.