Problem with groom cles!

Ok guys tell me if I am nitpicking, I got my new cles, BUT i just noticed on the yellow stripe on the front is a chip, BUT the thing is its about a BILLION tines smaller than the old one, imagine taking a pencil and just making a dot on a sheet of paper, thats how small it is, it was there when I bought it, but its bugging me more now and I THINK it's me, but it seems to be getting EVER SO SLIGHTLY bigger but I have a feeling the paint just didnt get on, now my question is will it get bigger? my other groomies are all fine, its just this one! AHHHH I think im going nuts!!!!

I found a couple of specks of blue on my cles (like mini...blink and u miss it)....it looks like blue dust...I'm not happy...but I will live with it!...only had it for one and a bit week...LV really needs some improvement

omg, i had no idea that this was going to be a problem. I checked my cles and sadly I too have blue/green (can't really tell) specks on mine. And the guy's arm is starting to chip too... Grrrr, I don't wanna have to baby it. This is quite dissappointing!!

OK so I PERSONALLY think this is gonna be a problem with these item's but my wallet seems to be doing JUST fine so I am curious, is this just isolated to the cles'? I am not seeing blue or green I am seeing brown and what I THINK it is is the fact that the leather is scaly so the 12 layer screen printing prcess doesnt let ALL the layers of paint get into every groove and cranny (dunno spelling) so most of it will have 12 layers of paint on it, but some of the grooves wont, so it is more likely we will gets dots/chipping there. Do u get what I mean? What I THINK it is, is not blue/green but tha actual brown monogram showing throught and ur eyes are decieving u to thinking it's blue, because on my first faulty cles, It was BIG chips and it still looked "blue" but it was in fact brown monogram, I have about 2 of them (tiny dots) but thought I had about 5 but those other three were just tiny dust particles settled in the grooves so I rubbed my finger/shirt across it and those 3 came off, so try and use a plain cloth or just ur finger and rub it against the painted canvas and c if ur spots come off.

I went to pick up my cles in person and I had to examine it before I actually paid. I had to go through 3 of them before I was happy. Most of the ones I looked at had the same paint chipping as you have. I think its just LV having really bad quality control.

My Rond, agenda & ZC have been clunking around in & on my bag for two weeks now & they look the same as when I bought them. I don't really baby my stuff, but after reading the first page of this thread last week I toyed around with carrying the wallet & agenda in their dustbags. It turned out to be a big PITA so I took them out after two days. I don't have a cles, but nothing has happened to the pieces I use.

I was at the Vuitton boutique and commented on the Groom collection because it looked cute. I asked the SA about wear and tear esp the silk screen image, she admitted that the color will fade and chip off over time due to sunlight, abrasion and use. It's bound to happen! But paying something with a limited edition gimmick that wouldn't last long isn't for me, I suppose and I LOVE LV. :s

OK so I PERSONALLY think this is gonna be a problem with these item's but my wallet seems to be doing JUST fine so I am curious, is this just isolated to the cles'? I am not seeing blue or green I am seeing brown and what I THINK it is is the fact that the leather is scaly so the 12 layer screen printing prcess doesnt let ALL the layers of paint get into every groove and cranny (dunno spelling) so most of it will have 12 layers of paint on it, but some of the grooves wont, so it is more likely we will gets dots/chipping there. Do u get what I mean? What I THINK it is, is not blue/green but tha actual brown monogram showing throught and ur eyes are decieving u to thinking it's blue, because on my first faulty cles, It was BIG chips and it still looked "blue" but it was in fact brown monogram, I have about 2 of them (tiny dots) but thought I had about 5 but those other three were just tiny dust particles settled in the grooves so I rubbed my finger/shirt across it and those 3 came off, so try and use a plain cloth or just ur finger and rub it against the painted canvas and c if ur spots come off.

It was really bothering me about the chipping on the guy's arm b/c I had only used it once for less than 10 minutes to the groceries store. Got home, took the keys off the cles, laid the cles on my desk..that's it. So I don't know if it was already chipped when I brought it home or it happened while I was using it. It's not noticeable at all unless i closely inspect it but still I'm picky like that. On mine, it's the gray color of the groom's sleeve. The gray part chipped off exposing the yellow color of the stripe underneath. Not bad, but still bothered me like hell!

So, I brought it back to my SA today and told him about it. He said it's bound to happen with these pieces. Soon the edges will chip off too, that's the area that it's most likely to happen...but he said that's part of the look and part of its history. I don't know if it's true or he was just BSing me...he's a new guy I'm using ..and I'm thinking of getting someone else b/c I don't like his selling tactics.

I looked at other cles they had and I still saw those blue/green dots that's on the cream stripe. Some were in the grooves and some were on top of the bumps. I ran my finger across it but it didn't come off so either it was mixed in with the cream paint or, like you expected, that it's thinner in that area so against the cream color it looks blue. What's strange was that it wasn't a chip off but more like specks of blue (kinda like the size of small glitter particles) in the groove as well as on top of the bumps. I feel like maybe they had a problem with the consistency of the paint, so it didn't evenly cover b/c of the textured canvas. Oh, and on my cles I only see the specks on the front side but not the back side.

Although I love the groom, I might exchange it for the scarf or bandeau instead. No chip off problem with that :lol:

It was really bothering me about the chipping on the guy's arm b/c I had only used it once for less than 10 minutes to the groceries store. Got home, took the keys off the cles, laid the cles on my desk..that's it. So I don't know if it was already chipped when I brought it home or it happened while I was using it. It's not noticeable at all unless i closely inspect it but still I'm picky like that. On mine, it's the gray color of the groom's sleeve. The gray part chipped off exposing the yellow color of the stripe underneath. Not bad, but still bothered me like hell!

So, I brought it back to my SA today and told him about it. He said it's bound to happen with these pieces. Soon the edges will chip off too, that's the area that it's most likely to happen...but he said that's part of the look and part of its history. I don't know if it's true or he was just BSing me...he's a new guy I'm using ..and I'm thinking of getting someone else b/c I don't like his selling tactics.

I looked at other cles they had and I still saw those blue/green dots that's on the cream stripe. Some were in the grooves and some were on top of the bumps. I ran my finger across it but it didn't come off so either it was mixed in with the cream paint or, like you expected, that it's thinner in that area so against the cream color it looks blue. What's strange was that it wasn't a chip off but more like specks of blue (kinda like the size of small glitter particles) in the groove as well as on top of the bumps. I feel like maybe they had a problem with the consistency of the paint, so it didn't evenly cover b/c of the textured canvas. Oh, and on my cles I only see the specks on the front side but not the back side.

Although I love the groom, I might exchange it for the scarf or bandeau instead. No chip off problem with that :lol:

YES mine is also not on the back! Although he needs to exchange it if it is chipping off the arm on urs already!!! I only have two of the "blue" dots, one on the yellow stripe (about twice the size as the other one one the white stripe, which is about the size of a needle tip) and one on the white. Now what I DO wonder is could it be little bubbles left from the paint after the silk screening and then they popped? Should I get mine exchanged AGAIN this time fore somethign so small compared to the last time? I just dont want them to think of me as the kid (Im 18 but I look younger) whos a Pain in the........ What should I do? Also can the scarf be used as an ACTUAL scarf or is it not long or thick enough.

YES mine is also not on the back! Although he needs to exchange it if it is chipping off the arm on urs already!!! I only have two of the "blue" dots, one on the yellow stripe (about twice the size as the other one one the white stripe, which is about the size of a needle tip) and one on the white. Now what I DO wonder is could it be little bubbles left from the paint after the silk screening and then they popped? Should I get mine exchanged AGAIN this time fore somethign so small compared to the last time? I just dont want them to think of me as the kid (Im 18 but I look younger) whos a Pain in the........ What should I do? Also can the scarf be used as an ACTUAL scarf or is it not long or thick enough.

Don't worry about being a PITA, or what the Sa thinks. You are buying a luxury poduct & it should not have any defects & you need to be happy with it.