Problem with chains on cotton club tote

1. Hi Ladies,

I've had my cotton club tote for about 3 months and the chain links that are attached to the toggles have begun opening up. Actually, one of them is quite a bit more open than the others (enough for me to get worried about breaking).

I know I can send it back to Chanel for repair, but I really don't want to part with my bag for 6-8 weeks (I think that's the estimated time for repair?)

It seems like a pretty easy thing to fix. Do you think it'll be okay to bring it in to a local place such as shoe/purse repair shop? The handle chains are detachable so I wouldn't even have to bring in the actual bag (no risk of damage on the bag).

I wish Chanel had thought about soldering shut these chain links.

Btw, this is my first thread on the purse forum, and I would like to say how much I enjoy reading and seeing everybody's posts and lovely goodies.:heart:

(I'm sorry about the long post)
  2. I would call Chanel and see what they suggest.
  3. There have been problems with the chain links on some bags not being completely soldered shut. It's like there was one worker in the factory who was forgetting to close them! I wouldn't risk detaching the handles on your own and sending them off to a repair place that isn't Chanel. It's an expensive bag... let Chanel handle it (plus the cost would be free).
  4. I'm sorry this has happened. The EXACT same thing happened to me and the handle actually detached from the bag twice. I returned it to the Chanel boutique and they gave me a refund and sent the bag back to Paris to be destroyed. It's a shame because it's such a beautiful bag.

I'd definitely take it back to Chanel. Good luck.
  5. Also, if you take the handles off the bag and have the rings soldered shut there'd be no way to put them back on because of the toggle - kwim? I know that mine wasn't the only bag returned to the store in Amsterdam for this problem.
  6. I would definitely take the bag back to Chanel. It would be free and it's possible they can replace your bag if another one is available.
  7. I had something similar with my cotton club tote, but it wasn't the ring on the toggle. One chain link just above the toggle opened up and separated from the toggle. I just put the thing bag together, closed the link, checked all of the other links to make sure they were completely closed (the links are not soldered) and I haven't had any problems since.
  8. I wouldn't take it to any random place. Bring it to Chanel and see what they suggest.
  9. So far I haven't had this problem with mine, but I would take it back to Chanel.
  10. Thank you everybody.

I will take it to Chanel and see what happens.