Problem w/ the deerskin luxury line ?

It might just be some gold bowlers, not all. At least you know Chanel will take it back if something happens.

Swanky, why did you have two flaps? (Checks mine for defects...).

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
I actually have had 2 Luxe Flaps and neither came w/ it :sad:
I may still have the stuffing, I'll look in the box later, but I'm pretty meticulous about that stuff. . . I think I would've seen it.

Oh, I was refering to this post.

OH! LOL!

I had an 'issue' w/ the first one and exchanged it for #2!
I could not figure out what I said that implied I have 2! LOL!
What a dope I am!

I have a deerskin bowler (fall) and a goatskin tote (spring)... I must say that the deerskin is very soft, and although it had a slight sheen and doesn't look like it scratches easily... I think it is VERY fragile b/c the leather is so soft. It could scratch or rip (like a little chunk of leather come off) if its used every day. I think the goatskin is much more durable... its pretty hard and seems more like the caviar's stiffness... I love both though... I know the metallic can't rub off of the fall bags b/c they just have a sheen... they aren't sprayed w/ a metallic paint...

I see what you mean about the deerskin; however, from what I have read and heard, it is supposed to be one of the most durable leathers. I don't plan to use my bowler everyday and am interested in seeing how it holds up over time. I do find if I stuff it full it is very heavy and feels fragile so I'll eliminate my bulky cellphone case and use the inside zip pocket (My cell phone is ancient, not a newer, smaller one so it never fits in pockets.). I agree that the goatskin is stiff and rugged which is actually due to the finish - but goatskin is actually a thinner leather than deerskin when it's raw.

Japs, after carrying my deerskin bowler for the first time today, I think I know what you mean by delicate. I didn't fill it up, but it still felt heavy, like the straps were pulling away from the body of the bag. I'm sure they weren't really pulling, but I kept thinking what if a strap breaks? It doesn't feel as stable as the flap. The goatskin, being stiffer, might be able to withstand more weight.

Bowler owners: When you carry your bag, does the leather "shelf" on both sides of the zippers kind of fold or smoosh inward, or does it stay perfectly flat? Mine falls inward. Maybe I shouldn't be afraid to fill it up more and give it some shape.

Hi, while researching for the perfect Metallic Bowler to get. I chanced upon 2 Gold Metallic Bowlers on Ebay for sale (at different times). BOTH were used Bags and BOTH showed paint/colouring being rubbed off on the edges, corners and the handles.:wacko::ninja:

I've been swaying between the 3 Fall Colour Metalic Goatskin Bags (i like the shinier version) Black and Gold being my faves and now I'm thinking I can write off the Gold totally if this is a common occurence for all their Gold Metallic Bags? :hysteric:

Roxanna said:
Well, if it is about light gold metallic Luxury line bag then yes, I had to return mine. :sad: But I believe it was goat skin.
I was not hard on it at all; quite contrary and I wore it only about 5 times and to my great dismay noticed that on handles and on back of the bag the glitter started to rub off.:wtf: I did not expect it happen soooo fast.:Push:

My SA had to send it to Paris for possible repairs/exchange but they came back with news that it was problem with light gold metallic leather and it was not repairable at all.:crybaby: :hysteric:
So they offered me another color bag, but I thought I may wait and get Cobas bag( big vinyl).:nuts:

Oh thanks so much, that is good to know. I am having this problem with my gold bowler. I in fact listed it for sale on eBay and started it really low. But now I'm going to call my Chanel and see if I can get credit towards another bag. I'm coveting the luxury bags in the offwhite, or maybe I'll get one of the new deerskin luxury bags in black.

My Chanel accessories manager at Neiman's told me to bring my gold bag and she'd send it to Paris to determine if it's a defect. I'll be so happy if I can get credit towards another bag instead of losing money on it by going to eBay.:yes:

Ok , I asked the SA and he said a problem w/ both of the gold ( bronze/gold being the same in his book), goat and deerskin . He isn't aware of it with other colors , but doesn't know why it couldn't happen , as I stated earlier . This is just what he said .

I've decided I'm gong to sell the saks points , and keep some BTW . Too hard to give up a brand new bag anyhow !