Probably a stupid question...

1. but how do you figure out what your skin type is?

I always thought my skin type was "normal", but lately I've noticed a few patches of dry skin on my face, so I'm not so sure anymore.

As well, can anyone recommend any skincare products for me? Keep in mind that I'm only 18. Any cleansers, moisturizers, scrubs, masks, etc would be great. (I already use Clinique - All About Eyes).

Thanks in advance!

2. I pulled out my "skin book" by Caroline Ash but too long so here's her website: timelessskin.com. Then go to products/online shopping (on left) From there at the top is a link "skin type" then scroll down to Aug 2004. It goes into detail, hope this helps. Once you determine this you can go back into the online store and there are add'l. ? if you have any. I have one of her books and its great to have on hand.

3. Sounds like you have what they term "combination" skin.
    Remember that your skin type may change many times throughout the course of your life.

Exfoliate/scrub and mask at least once a week for combo skin.

1. cleanse
    2. tone
    3. moisturize
    4. sunscreen......
    5. minimal foundation where needed.
    6. loose powder- (pressed powder is for touch ups).
    7.....then apply any lip, eye, brow, or cheek color, according to your preferences.

When you mask, don't be hesitant to use different types of masks at once. For example, use a mud on oily or problem parts of your face, and use a moisturizing mask on the dry parts.

Department store skin care lines are excellent, but maybe a bit costly. Drugstores now have many great skin care lines at affordable prices.

Good luck:heart:

4. Origins is great. I dont think i could live without it :smile: