Private Message Requirements

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Once upon a time, there was a minimum requirement before a new member could send PMs. Yesterday, I got a PM from a zero post, newly registered person requesting a private Prada authentication. Suffice it to say, that didn't sit well with me. I did report the PM, but I'm wondering how a newbie could send a PM on their first day as a member and have zero posting history to boot.

Seems like I read something not too long ago that Vlad was changing that.

I'm more curious about your AV, Location and Signature however considering this is a place where we can't discuss certain things.

Seems like I read something not too long ago that Vlad was changing that.

Dangit, I hate when I remember something and can't remember where or find the source again. There was a discussion about starting new threads and PMs and I could swear I saw that the restriction was being lifted.

Makes me question my memory.

The restriction was lifted and we all hated it so it was reimplemented, lol!
No idea why anyone can PM before 5 posts, hopefully Vladi will pop in.

You can't PM without being a member for a day and having 5 posts now. We reverted it back to what it was to help combat newbies sending PMs or starting threads before they get a bit of an understanding about the forum.

Let me know if it happens again!

You can't PM without being a member for a day and having 5 posts now. We reverted it back to what it was to help combat newbies sending PMs or starting threads before they get a bit of an understanding about the forum.

Let me know if it happens again!

Hello, I can't seem to PM. I did see here you need 5 posts which I actually reached when I responded to the RM Team telling them I couldn't PM them. Then I found this. But it looks like I still can't PM. Am I crazy? I only get the option to leave a visitor message. The RM team asked me to PM them to help sort a customer service issue. Thanks!