Princess Diana - The Final Days

I did watch most of this show the other night and have always believed this horrible accident was mainly caused by Henri Paul's intoxication and Dodi's ego. He refused to listen to the minimal security staff they had and it is really a shame that Diana was not travelling with British security of her own. Had she been, I think the outcome of that night would have been vastly different.
That's exactly how they explained the accident... Henri Paul's intoxication and Dodi's ego and stupidity. And the fact that neither Dodi, nor Diana, was wearing a seat-belt.

However, Diana could have had British security, but she refused it, so maybe she is a little to blame as well. Why trust the unexceptional Dodi with her welfare?

^^^^^

There is a huge question over whether or not Henri Paul was intoxicated, his family have said NO WAY. I do not believe he would dare go for Dodi, his employers son with drinks & drugs.
In UK there are huge suspicions that Diana was murdered, set up by "the establishment"

^^^^^

There is a huge question over whether or not Henri Paul was intoxicated, his family have said NO WAY. I do not believe he would dare go for Dodi, his employers son with drinks & drugs.
In UK there are huge suspicions that Diana was murdered, set up by "the establishment"

I've heard some of these suspicions. There does seem to be some strange facts surrounding her death. May I ask if you feel most in the UK believe she was in fact murdered???

I'd love to know what people in the UK are thinking too!

I used to think there was some kind of cover-up, but after watching this most recent pprogramme and hearing the actual people involved, explain and give their theories, I'm back to thinking it was a drunk driver, a dumb Dodi and no seat belt that caused her death.

Tell us what you know living in the UK!

I used to think there was some kind of cover-up, but after watching this most recent pprogramme and hearing the actual people involved, explain and give their theories, I'm back to thinking it was a drunk driver, a dumb Dodi and no seat belt that caused her death.

I think so too. I always wondered if there was truth to the theory that her death was planned, but now I don't think so. It seems Henri Paul, Dodi, and even beautiful Princess Diana made fatal mistakes. So sad.

I haven't seen that but I so feel for Diana, the Royals made her life hell! I hope she at least thought that she had found love in the end give her some peace before she died. I always ask what the heck did Charles see in that b**** Camilla compared to a beautiful woman like Diana, makes me so angry that she has him now! HUH! They are welcome to each other big goofy Charles is way more suited to ugly Camilla then he ever was to Diana! What a jerk!
wow!! I feel exactly the same way about Charles and Camilla
:yucky:

May I suggest reading "The Diana Chronicles" by Tina Brown? I just finished it and it tells the whole story, including things I never knew, in the most literate, readable version to date.

May I suggest reading "The Diana Chronicles" by Tina Brown? I just finished it and it tells the whole story, including things I never knew, in the most literate, readable version to date.
It's in my Amazon cart and I've been putting off buying it... but it does interest me, because it's by Tina Brown. I'll probably get it.

Would you say your opinion has changed, since reading the book? If you liked Diana before, do you find you like her a little less now, or vice versa?

I always thought of Diana as a master manipulator with mental problems, who couldn't appreciate all the gifts she was given. (Top position in society, security, two healthy kids, wealth, beauty and adoration from millions) If I keep an open mind, do you think my opinion will change? Did yours?

It's in my Amazon cart and I've been putting off buying it... but it does interest me, because it's by Tina Brown. I'll probably get it.

Would you say your opinion has changed, since reading the book? If you liked Diana before, do you find you like her a little less now, or vice versa?

I always thought of Diana as a master manipulator with mental problems, who couldn't appreciate all the gifts she was given. (Top position in society, security, two healthy kids, wealth, beauty and adoration from millions) If I keep an open mind, do you think my opinion will change? Did yours?
I hope you don't mind me chiming in with my reaction to the book.

I hadn't known that she came from a priveleged background. I didn't know about all the loves in her life, nor all her tension with the royal family.

I admired Diana for her beauty, poise, charm, compassion, and charity work. After reading this book I still admired her for all these reasons, but also for many, many more. The book addressed her bulimia and her mental instability, her rages, her shortcomings and failings, all of which I was previously unaware of.

Surely, some of the book is speculation and some is fact. I came away thinking she was a strong woman. She was a manipulator; she was savvy and cruel. I hadn't known that. But she was also intelligent, sexy, caring, sensitive, beautiful and a loving mother. She was complex and wonderful and I adore her even more after having read this book.

BTW, I love Amazon. com (too much)! :tup:It's so easy to push "one-click". I'm almost being over-run with books!

^^ Thanks, Leelee! :yes:

It sounds like you learned many new facts about Diana, many negative, and you still really admire her. So her strong, positive attributes still outweigh her detrimental ones. I wonder if I will grow to be more sympathetic toward her, when I read the book.

One last question. Did the book address the example she set to her children, regarding her behaviour with all her lovers?

I think the romance was pushed by Dodi's dad more than anything. He wanted that conquest. She seemed very needy and maybe Dodi played the part where he could be there for her, even if his heart was with another woman his father pulled the strings and he seemed to do what ever his father wanted. Mistakes were made by everyone that night. It's sad her sons had to grow up without her love because I feel there were the real loves in her life.

One last question. Did the book address the example she set to her children, regarding her behaviour with all her lovers?
The book didn't really go into much depth about this. It was touched upon here and there, but that's about it. Certainly, you have brought up an interesting question. I can't help but think that she always thought of her boys first, above all else. She seemed like that kind of person. I also think that during her separation and after her divorce she had more "alone" time to spend dating b/c the boys spent time at Charles' home as well.

One does have to wonder, though.