Prince William flies solo for the first time

1. This is from a couple weeks ago.... Oh how proud would his mom be about this!?

http://www.happynews.com/news/1172008/william-flies-solo-first-time.htm

William Flies Solo for the First Time

[​IMG]
    (AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth) :: Britain's PrinceWilliam is seen looking down in the cockpit of a plane before a flying lesson at Royal Air Force Cranwell, in Lincolnshire, England Thursday, Jan. 17, 2008. The Prince, an army officer with the Household Cavalry's Blues and Royals, is two weeks into a four-month attachment with the RAF, to help William, get to grips with the service's ethos, traditions and military role.

Prince William was surprised, a bit nervous and finally elated by his first solo flight.

William, 25, the elder son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, is having flight training with the Royal Air Force. He flew alone for the first time Wednesday.

''God knows how somebody trusted me with an aircraft and my own life,'' he said of his flight in a propeller-driven trainer.

''I was doing a few circuits going round and round then Roger (Bousfield), my instructor, basically turned round and said, 'Right, I'm going to jump out now' and I said, 'What, where are you going?'''

''He said, 'You're going on your own ...'''

Once airborne, the prince said, ''it was fine.''

''You just remember your checks and do all the things you've got to do and fly the circuit,'' he said.

''Then I was watching the runway getting closer and closer and thinking, please, please don't mess this up,'' William said Thursday.

2. whoopteedoo..

3. ^^

My grandmother used to say that sarcasm was a sign of hidden anger. My first drill sgt. used to say it was a sign that your sphincter that was clenched a bit too tight. Which one is it? :roflmfao:

4. Sorry to say: but the moment I read of this, my blood ran cold. I have a really bad feeling about it.:sad:

5. sorry, I didn't get that expression.. :shrugs:

6. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

7. I would be terrified!! Good for him

8. I am amazed that members of the Royal family get to do so many things in the Armed Forces, I didn't think that Prince William was really academically qualified to train as a pilot. Amazing what being Royal can do!

9. :roflmfao::roflmfao: so funny...

10. i still dont get it... sorry am slow

11. sphincter as in a certain body portal for waste material.

12. It was a joke. Nevermind. :upsidedown:

13. ok, he is a grown a&& man!! let him do what he wants. Diana wouldn't baby him like the media does.

14. Such a pity his mum didn't live to see what a gorgeous young man he has grown into. Good for him, I hope he keeps safe!

15. wow, those royal kids go through so much pressure...I'll never forget his face at his Mom funeral, i can't believe he was not "allowed" to cry in public...I'm proud of him. God bless him.