Pricing / Info on Chanel Caviar Tote

1. I'm new to Chanel and was wondering how much the Caviar Tote (as in the pic) retails for now?

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, does it come with different hardware colors?

I am planning on ordering (over the phone) this bag and the Cambon Med. Tote and want to describe it perfectly for them.

2. hardware comes in silver or gold and retails for $1650 here in Dallas.
    It has been notorious for hardware breaking though, just FYI.
  3. I got mine last December (white with silver hardware) for $1650.

I haven't had ANY problems with the hardware, and neither has any of my friends who have the bag. If the hardware is defective, it might be because of the way people handle their bags (and I myslef am pretty rough/careless with my bags).
  4. pursegalsf had to return hers for defective hardware. I think her's was pretty new even.
    I asked my Chanel SA about it and she looked uncomfortable! LOL!
  5. Thanks ladies! Thats a bit more than I wanted to spend since I am pretty broke these days :smile:

I am just going to stick with the Cambon Med Tote. Is there anything I should specify or ask for when I order over the phone with the SA?
  6. I did have problems with the gold hardware. The SA said that it was because the gold hardware is much softer than silver. So, I opted for the silver. I haven't had problems with it so far :biggrin:
  7. I was thinking about the black with gold, but I guess I'll opt for the silver instead!
  8. The silver is very pretty! Love this tote!!