Prices in Paris?

naughtymanolo said:
Australia is expenxive (if teh dollar stays current) i figured a formula to convert the price (roughly) the price up is around 30%-50% more expencive than eluxury prices but that convetrts american $ straight to au$ with no converstion (it works as apersonal thing)

??WOA...?!!!:shocked:

Hmm...I've noticed just by comparing a few pieces that it is usually about AUD 20-30 more expensive than the CONVERTED price of the USD price and then on top of that you have to add 9-10% GST which you can get back if you leave the country.

I've also heard that LV goes on sale once a year in Sydney, does anyone have any idea when though? Cause no one who's told me about it seems to remember.

on the one hand ordering from OS is cheaper as we can get their country's tax back as it's going out of the country, but then we get hit with import tax on luxury good in Australia which is
5% duty + (10% of the bag +freight+duty)

Chaneller said:
The LV prices are a bit cheaper in European €-currency countries, but I've heard that the LV prices are the highest in Japan, like 25% more expensive than average, is it true?
I don't know if that's definately true, but when I went to LV in Paris, there were always Japanese tourists standing outside willing to pay others to go in and buy stuff for them-I assume that LV must put some kind of limit on how much is purchased when it's going back to another country?

sratsey said:
I don't know if that's definately true, but when I went to LV in Paris, there were always Japanese tourists standing outside willing to pay others to go in and buy stuff for them-I assume that LV must put some kind of limit on how much is purchased when it's going back to another country?

We have seen that while we were going to Paris LV..Isn't that some money laundering scam???????

That is what a friend told me as she did fall for that and found out after.

timtimtim said:
We have seen that while we were going to Paris LV..Isn't that some money laundering scam???????

That is what a friend told me as she did fall for that and found out after.

It's not a scam, for some reason LV limits the amount of things Asian consumers can buy, it's not fair if you ask me, but there was a long thread on it awhile back.

GenYbagaddict said:
I've also heard that LV goes on sale once a year in Sydney, does anyone have any idea when though? Cause no one who's told me about it seems to remember.
NO NO NO not true god my friends decided to play a prank on me by telling me that there was an lv sale store (and i stupidly believed them) i went on a wild goose chase to run to the station, get on the trains which were delayed by 1 hour (so u can imagine thinking u were going to a once in a lifetime sale that was so close yet so far away) i ended up walking acctually running down 2 stations so i could get there faster, got home took all my savings to go to the bank (another 30 minute delay at to the station) put the money on my card wait another hour and 15 minuted for the train to come! taking 1 hour on the train to get to chatswood (which i had never been to before) running through chatswood chase to try and find an lv sale store which never existed!!!! i ended up rining vuitton on my cell and expained the situation, the stupid woman with a fake french accent started laughing at me saying i should have known better and that lv will never go on sale! to this day im not friendly to the girl who did that evil prank on me!