Prices in Barcelona

1. Am about to make a trip there. Has anyone shopped Chanel in Barcelona? Is it cheaper compared to the US? I'm thinking of getting the small classic flap in lambskin, and possibly the diamond tote.

2. If you are from the US, I'm pretty sure that the bags are not cheaper in the US because the dollar to euro exchange rate is not good. Also, the VAT is 16% - 17% - and you do not get all of it refunded. I bought something at LV in barcelona this summer. The company that refunds the VAT for LV only refunds 10% - the rest is a "service charge" and I don't think I ever got my 10% refund!

3. Thanks for your response, cougess.

Hmmm, that sucks, not even getting the 10% back :sad: I assume you did get the form stamped at airport customs.

Is the Barcelona Chanel shop well stocked though? Do they have pieces we don't get here? Did you have a good shopping experience?

4. ^ yes, I had my form stamped at the airport and mailed it in also. I did not go into the chanel boutique, only LV, but they are within a block of each other.