Price question on used Fendi Spy

Stophle

Loyal Browncoat
O.G.
Jan 28, 2007
Hi all, I've never posted here, I normally stay in the Coach section. Recently, I've decided I really want to have a spy bag. I love their shape, and think they're wonderful. My question is, how much is a good price to pay for a used one? I found one on a reputable website that's going for $1300 and it's a dark brown color. It's a big one, not the smaller one, as it's dimensions are 17"x 11"x9". I can barely afford it, and am thinking about returning a couple recent Coach purchases to get it, but if it isn't that great of a deal then I don't want to do that. I just don't think I'd be able to afford to get a brand new one as they're normally twice that I think.

Any advice would be appreciated. I've been looking through this forum and you ladies have some truly beautiful spy bags. I adore them.

Hi all, I've never posted here, I normally stay in the Coach section. Recently, I've decided I really want to have a spy bag. I love their shape, and think they're wonderful. My question is, how much is a good price to pay for a used one? I found one on a reputable website that's going for $1300 and it's a dark brown color. It's a big one, not the smaller one, as it's dimensions are 17"x 11"x9". I can barely afford it, and am thinking about returning a couple recent Coach purchases to get it, but if it isn't that great of a deal then I don't want to do that. I just don't think I'd be able to afford to get a brand new one as they're normally twice that I think.

Any advice would be appreciated. I've been looking through this forum and you ladies have some truly beautiful spy bags. I adore them.

It depends on the condition of the bag; if it's in excellent shape with wonderful bubbly nappa leather, it may be worth the cost. If not, you could probably find a better deal on eBay, (if you have the patience to wait for the right one to come along). If you decide to go the eBay route, be sure to post the listing in the Authenticate This! thread. Everyone here is very knowledgeable at authenticating spies and do so in a timely manner.

Good luck either way, and welcome to the spy lovers club. :flowers:

Welcome to the spy club. You need to make sure the site you have found is authentic also as some of these sell fakes.

Good luck with your purchase and post pictures when you get it

Thanks ladies, for responding. The website is Ann's Fabulous Finds, and I've done a search on this site and people have said she sells authentic things. As for the condition of the bag, she lists it as 4 out of 5 stars. Here is the link:

Ann's Fabulous Finds

Another question I had was, are the woven handles supposed to look like they're snagged, or does that happen with use?

Thanks ladies, for responding. The website is Ann's Fabulous Finds, and I've done a search on this site and people have said she sells authentic things. As for the condition of the bag, she lists it as 4 out of 5 stars. Here is the link:

Ann's Fabulous Finds

Another question I had was, are the woven handles supposed to look like they're snagged, or does that happen with use?

Yes, the handles are supposed to look like they have "snags" -- these are knots in the woven leather. Seems like it might be worth your time to call this place up and make a lower offer than what they're asking for. That's what I'd do anyway. Good luck!

I noticed that bag has a lot of blushing on it - ie the pinky colour coming through under the leather. This is perfectly normal with the older bags and nothing to worry about but a lot of people don't like it so thought I should just mention to you in case you wanted one that was brand newish with no blushing. Anns is authentic though so you can be sure of that

Good luck

Ohhh, thank you so much for saying something about that. I thought it might have just been the lighting. No, if I'm going to be spending that much money on a bag, then I wouldn't want it to have that. *le sigh* I guess I'll just wait and start saving my money, and see if I can buy a new one in a few months.
Thank you very much for pointing that out.

Stophie

You're welcome. I am one of those people that don't like the blushing but there are loads of people who do.

I am sure on here people will keep an eye out for you - I certainly will.

Thanks very much. It's a scary thing, thinking about spending that much money on a bag. I have yet to break the thousand dollar barrier when buying a bag, much less the two thousand dollar mark! So it's a huge thing, I want to do it right so I don't have heart failure. I really appreciate your help and experience. Obviously I'm new to the beautiful Spy. :smile:

Aw you're welcome Stophle, thats whats so great about here, people helping to find that dream bag. I have myself another spy coming this week which I would never have been able to find without the help of people on here.

We will get you that dream spy at a great price - don't you worry!

Yay! I can't wait. Now that I have my heart set on it, nothing else will do. *L* I was all set and ready to get a new Coach bag that's coming out soon, but now I don't even want it anymore. And the bag I just purchased looks like crap compared to the spy, so that one is going back so I can add a little to my new Spy Fund.

Welcome to the lure to the SPY!! I absolutely LOVE my Cognac SPY!

It's always scary to spend soooo much money on a bag and then worry that it's not authentic. Have that site provide more photos so that you can have others on tPF assist you in authenticating it properly.

All I can say is....go for it!! You won't regret one minute of owning your SPY!

Best of luck to you!