Price Increase

you don't necessarily need to have the original receipt ;) you definitely don't need a receipt to exchange a scarf, i've done so without a receipt, so as long as they're satisfied that it's unused and in perfect condition you'd get store credit for the amount current retail. they also wouldn't know when the item was purchased, unless it's so old that it comes in packaging no longer used i guess.

Oh, wow. I didn't know you don't need a receipt for returns. Then there's something I'd like to return that I have never used.

^Annanas, I think it very much depends on the store and how well they know you. The policy you quote USED to be in place but a lot of Hermes boutiques have changed it.

really? hmmm.. never hurts to try though! they didn't know me at all when i returned a scarf for store credit.

I had this experience as well. I returned a scarf, received credit (valid for 1 year) and then extended the credit beyond the year before I finally decided what to spend it on!

sounds like she was :lol: considering if you just return it you get a credit note.. it's not like they write "for old stock only" on it :wtf:

:lol: I know. At that time we were talking about doing a straight swap, i.e. one scarf for another rather than a return for store credit so that's when the SA said they couldn't exchange an older scarf for a new one.

I only exchanged a couple of things at my boutique but they've always been absolutely fine about it. The first time I did it, I bought a scarf that was a couple of seasons old from one store, decided that I didn't love it and my boutique let me exchange it a few weeks later for another one (current at the time) no questions asked even though they didn't really know me. I had the receipt but they never even asked to see it.