Price Increase

Yikes! Is the price increase for all items? or just certain items?:sweatdrop:

I believe the price increase is across the board and starts in February. My SA confirms that they start tagging certain items in January and will complete the process by the beginning of Feb.

RC- you should start buying NOW. You actually SAVE money by buying before the price increase. (hehe!) At least that's how I rationlize it to DH! :P

I have to tell you guys something funny about the price increases (I know the two don't usually appear in the same sentence but....) At the last sale in NY, they had some leather garden parties on sale (about 50% off) and I passed. Came back a few days later to check them out and the price had increased! Why? Because the pre-price increase garden parties had sold out and the staff had restocked the shelves with the post-increase bags (the same exact ones!!!!)

Who knows, maybe this is right, but should I mention that last year the "absolute gospel truth directly from the mouth of a store manager" rampant on this forum was that the March 1, 2007 increase would be 7-8% across the board. In actual fact, it was NOT across the board. For instance, the price of a 35 cm togo or clemence birkin or a 32 cm kelly only went up $200.

Assuming the price of a 35 cm togo birkin went up 12%, then for those of us who live in the "Empirical State" that means after sales tax, $9100. Ouch.I suspect that the increase on higher priced bags will not be as large as on smaller items. If I had to guess, I would say its going to be in the $400 range.