Price increase in Europe?!!

LV is operating in a luxuary market which means bad economy hits them hard, but in fact, when LV increases prices, thier sales goes up on the contrary.

They know that we are addicts, have a long list of things to buy and save up money for that. When price increase is constantly happening like now, we buy more to protect ourselves from further increase!

Unlike other industry, they can pass on any price increase in costs to the consumers. No competion exists. In this sense, they created a very good business model.

I know all this in my head, but sadly I am thinking of buying more items than I planned this year before the next increase takes place. I cannot act rationally in front of LV:shrugs:

I agree, but even this has its limits. Many of the lower end luxury companies have been hit somewhat already (like Gucci and Tiffany's), so it may just be a question of time before LV is as well.

The price increases aren't hurting LV at all. Many of the customer base will continue to buy regardless of price increase. I know if I want something I will buy it. And right now I am looking to add some more luggage pieces.

Why is LV having so many price increases within a year??? Economy is not doing good so it's harder and harder for us to afford luxury itmes such as LVs and with the constant price increases, who knows how many of us could actually keep up with our obsession with LV or we we would have to draw the line and stop buying LV until economy gets better :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:or when LV will stop having too many price increases.

Good thing I bought my few mono pieces a few weeks ago before this hit over there! But my lord that sucks, less than 6 months and already another price increase?! WHY?!

Italy, some examples for reference:
- mono and damier speedy 30 now 450€ (before 440€)
- mono Neverfull MM now € 440 (before 435€ or 440€)
- mono and damier speedy 25 now 435€ (before 420€)
- mono zippy coin now €195 (before 190€)
- Eva now € 355 (before € 340)
- mono wapity € 205 (before € 195)

and so on... I couldn't believe it...in Italy we had an increase in Februray, and now again...:cursing:

of course :biggrin: i was at the lv store last week because i thought that the price increase in switzerland will be at 2 june too :biggrin: but i have one more month to spend some money hihi