Price gouging at it's worst!

^Because they are no longer on Coach's website. People automatically assume they are gone forever once they're off the website. eBay prices were also sky high on the Legacy Stripe framed french purse once those were "sold out" a year or so ago. I'd never pay that much for a wallet but, to each their own, I guess.

I totally agree.

She can set the price of her bag for whatever she wants and good for her if she gets someone to pay that much for it. She's not forcing anyone to pay that much and if someone decides to pay that much, that's their prerogative. For those who don't like her price, hit the back button and don't bid. She's got something that is somewhat rare for the eBay market and that is part of what eBay is all about.

Just my opinion... :shrugs:
ITA

Maybe these buyers are international and can't get these shipped to them? I once sold a Coach key chain on ebaY and an overseas buyer offered my double my asking price, she said she can't get Coach.com to ship and the price is triple to go buy it at her Coach store. Its all just supply & demand. To an informed Coach buyer it still looks a little sleazy though.

I do think the pond items are going to be pretty rare, very few stores are actually going to be getting them from what I understand. If you really want one you probably need to go ahead and order it so you don't have to resort to the pricey ones on ebay.

I totally agree.

She can set the price of her bag for whatever she wants and good for her if she gets someone to pay that much for it. She's not forcing anyone to pay that much and if someone decides to pay that much, that's their prerogative. For those who don't like her price, hit the back button and don't bid. She's got something that is somewhat rare for the eBay market and that is part of what eBay is all about.

I absolutely agree. Plus, notice the "Best Offer" option. This means that a buyer can offer exactly the amount he/she is willing to pay. Often, sellers intentionally set the prices higher than what they will accept so that they will get the amount they want.

I think it is unfair to call this price gouging.

JMO.

Wow... This is insane (the bag and the wallet)! :wtf: I agree that you can put something on eBay for whatever price you want. And congratulations if someone crazy enough to pay that amount stumbles onto your auction. I would never pay that much. tPF and all the wonderful people in the Coach section have educated me so much. I now know other things I can try before having to turn to eBay for a Coach item.

... Although, eBay has always scared me!

I absolutely agree. Plus, notice the "Best Offer" option. This means that a buyer can offer exactly the amount he/she is willing to pay. Often, sellers intentionally set the prices higher than what they will accept so that they will get the amount they want.

I think it is unfair to call this price gouging.

JMO.

I was going to point out the best offer thing too.. I think I've bought something from her before as wel.....

^Because they are no longer on Coach's website. People automatically assume they are gone forever once they're off the website. eBay prices were also sky high on the Legacy Stripe framed french purse once those were "sold out" a year or so ago. I'd never pay that much for a wallet but, to each their own, I guess.

I agree...I was just shocked that someone would pay that much for it!! The wallet was a completely open auction, so those people bid it up that high on their own. No price gouging going on with that seller. The seller probably peed their pants when they saw how high their auction sold for!!

I totally agree.

Well said, I completely agree :yes: