Pretty Warm Shirts?

1. I'm going to NYC in 2 weeks and am looking for a shirt that is both nice looking and will keep me warm at night. I live in south florida and don't have these things. :biggrin: I only have sweaters that I wear to work for the two weeks it's cold here. Here are the pants I'll be wearing, I couldn't find a pic of my leather jacket, but it is a winter white/cream/putty color.

[​IMG]

2. I am not sure if you are looking for casual or dressy. I would suggest a cashmere sweater. Incredibly warm, super soft, and best of all -they are slimmer and not as bulky as wool varieties.

If casual, I would layer a V neck or wrap cashmere sweater over a t, and add some boots to your denim.
    Vneck.jpg

Outdoors, when your jacket is added, you could always wrap a tissue weight pasmina around your neck for a scarf when strolling the city. It adds a great splash of color and is fabulous to wrap up with once indoors and your coat is off.
    Here is a link on ways to wear one:
    How to wear a Pashmina

3. I would go with a sweater in an updated shape. Check out Vince, Theory, BCBG for moderately priced sweaters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theory

Joan Cashmere Sweater

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Luxuriously soft Italian cashmere boatneck with wide, dolman sleeves for a loose, relaxed fit. Ribbed cuffs and hem
    Dry clean
    Imported
    [/FONT]
    [​IMG]
    Alex Gaines
    Catherine Cardigan
    $375.00

[​IMG]
    BCBG Max Azria
    Cashmere Wrap Cardigan
    $288.00

I love this one:
    [​IMG]
    BCBG Max Azria
    Boiled Bouclé Sweater
    $178.00

[​IMG]
    Cynthia Steffe
    Jersey Polo Sweater
    $195.00

4. I ordered one of these shirts after passerby suggested it, it's really cute! I ordered a short sleeved one. But be aware that the shirts run really small, they're American Apparel.

5. Hi vanojr9, hope the shirt turns out cute and fitting comfortably. :smile:

6. Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I am going to go with a cashmere sweater layered ... I am am wimp with cold weather, which is why I live in florida :biggrin: and I think that will keep me warmest.