President of Iran at Columbia U. today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know it is hard...but without getting political what does everyone think of the Iranian president speaking at Columbia? The protests in NYC already began last night. I heard bus loads of protesters are coming in today. I have to say I am disappointed in the president of Columbia for allowing this to happen. I think if he is here to speak at the UN that is one thing but to give him a political open mike so to speak is quite another. The mayor denied him access to the WTC site which was smart. In NYC so many people have been so offended by his remarks regarding Israel, etc...just curious to see what others think, especially those in their 20's. Let's try and keep it non-political if we can.

2. Hmm, i dont know, but in my humble opinion, i think it is okie to anyone want to give speech on campus. On my days of college, either bad or good guy give their one and two word on my campus telling their side stories. Campus for me is a place where educated people are gathered, so if people have right for freedom of speech, campus will be the first place to go. I say, let the president iran give a speech, and you may quest him whatever you want him to explain, that probably some experience you may had.

3. I think that is what Columbia is thinking. Some think it is giving someone who does not respect American a forum in our own country. I am really not sure what I think to tell you the truth. Many are simply outraged here in NYC which I also completely understand. I just hope they allow the students to really ask some tough, serious questions and that they demand he answer them. Then it may be beneficial. If they just let him give his speach then it defeats the purpose of open debate. Anyway, traffic in NY today will be a nightmare.

4. how ever can we keep it non political.
    i just dont see how this jew-hater was allowed in nyc. everyone knows that the jews are huge power figures in nyc. HOW WAS THIS POSSIBLE? And wtf would he possibly want to do in nyc? I mean unless he's going over there to mock the USA, this guy is trying to develop nuclear weapons, and also is known to harbour terrorists. SO WHAT THE HELL DOES HE WANT!!!!?

5. Sorry ! Closing this. This has political written all over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.